Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flymo or Wheels recommend me a new £100ish lawnmower, please :-)
  • qwertyuiop7
    Free Member

My old petrol mower has finally died and needs replacing
    Garden is no where near as big as when I bought it so a smaller electric one will now be more suitable
    There are hundreds to choose from in £100ish bracket and have no idea which on to get so unless I just buy the one with the most 5 star reviews
    Anyone bought a cheap one recently that they are happy with ?
    Thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tick (for the Mrs)

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I’ve been promising myself a Bosch Rotak for about 5 years, but my Flymo won’t die!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I had a Flymo but with wheels and it was spot on for the relatively small garden I had but after many years service it finally gave up the ghost.
    I inherited (sort of) a hover mower (also a Flymo) and it was rubbish to be honest and I quickly gave up on it and have gone back to a wheeled one (Gardena) and it’s much better
    Cheers
    Steve

oldnpastit

I had a flymo. Maybe I just got a bad one, but as it filled with grass it flew less and less and became very hard to push around. I now have a Bosch with wheels which is awesome.

TheGingerOne

I read a lot of bad reviews about the Bosch ones. Sounds like they used to be great, but now they are cheap Chinese and flimsy. Certainly looked awful when I saw them in the flesh.
    I ended up going to a proper lawn machinery place and was aiming to buy a Mountfield as it was a brand my dad used to use.

The guy I spoke to was great and recommended a Wolf Garten which he said was a bit more premium than the Mountfield, but worth it. I am really happy with it, it appears to be well made and the important bits are metal rather than flimsy plastic.

Seems to be proper Germanic machinery – though I did end up paying more like £160

v8ninety

I bought a cordless one from Lidl a week or so ago that I’m VERY happy with. It is £50 over budget, but I reckon it represents pretty good value for money. No idea if they are still in stock though.

mint5auce
    Free Member

Qualcast are now owned by Bosch. Sold through Agos and Homebase. Put off yet? In the flesh they feel far more robust than the equivalent power and size Bosch model and the Bosch has another 20% premium on the price.

So whilst I liked the old wheeled rotory Bosch, it was replaced with a Qualcast. Very happy with it.
    Oh, and I’d never have another “hover” mower, flymo or other!

fettlin

We now have this qualcast, which cuts well and doesn’t leave any mess. It also packs down small to stow in the shed, which suits our small garden currently.

The flymo we had previously went to the neighbour for free as it was getting on my tits! Didn’t cut very well and just made a mess. Any cuttings went everywhere but in the collection box!

DezB
    Free Member

Since buying the same Lidl job as v8ninety, I’ll sell you my old Flymo for £35 🙂 I say old, only used it 3 or 4 times!

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Like our electric AlKo mower. Depends on the size you choose how close you can get to £100.

oldnpastit

The flymo we had previously went to the neighbour for free as it was getting on my tits!

I gave mine to the nice people at the recycling centre to look after. It was certainly of more to use them than me.

windyg
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flymo or Wheels recommend me a new £100ish lawnmower, please :-)’ is closed to new replies.