Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • flying with your bike on BA
  • anto164
    Free Member

Real quick question.

I’m trying to plan my riding holiday next year already, and flying with BA instead, it’ll be slightly more expensive, but I will be able to fly from a local airport instead.

Now, question about my bike. Flew with easyjet last time from london and it was fine, pay the surcharge each way and it’s gravy, but with BA it’s not a direct flight, there’s a connection at heathrow. Now, with easyjet their t&c said that the surcharge is per flight, but m wondering, would BA be a flat fee? So £32 each way (even if I’m grabbing a connection, still with BA?)

I could call BA and ask, but it’s a faff whilst I’m at work and the only contact number I can find is a premium rate…

Cheers.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I went to Nice, France with BA and booked an extra bag each way which gave me enough luggage capacity for heavy bag and case with bike in. I think your price is about right from what i remember. BA should treat it as one trip as its not your fault they dont fly direct to your destination from your home airport. I would double check this with them on the phone to be sure.

One thing to bear in mind is to make sure both come within the kilo allowed per bag, I pushed my camelbak and some cycling clothes into the case to help as the bike bag didnt weight the full allowed weight. AND yes book it with them in advance, I was warned it would cost more as excess baggage if you show up at the airport with an extra bag.

anto164
    Free Member

Yep, I think my bike and bag (evoc bike bag) comes to about 22kgs. Again, with easyjet it’s 32kg, so there was no issue.

So if I pay for an extra bag, I would get an allowance of 2 bags, each coming to a maximum of 23kgs? (So 46kgs in total?)

Thanks mr tipinman.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

Bought the extra bag allowance when we flew this year and it was £32 each way even though we were Glasgow to Geneva via Morzine.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Jeeez Bob, you went via Morzine International Airport? 😯

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘flying with your bike on BA’ is closed to new replies.