Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flying with Easyjet – Question
  • medievalkneival
    Free Member

Hi

Hoping someone can help me make sense of this….

Off to Les Arc soon – flying with Easyjet. Booked the bike as hold baggage. After some initial confusion about what i was allowed in terms of weight, i wrote to Easyjet. Their reply:

I am pleased to confirm that should you have a bike with the bweight of 22kg and the hold bag of 10kg you will be perfectly allowed to take it. Both a hold luggage and sports equipment can have diverse weight as long as both items do now xceed 32kg.

However, please note that as far as bicycles are concerned, we are eager to make an exception and although bike are subject to a sports equipment fee and exempt from any excess baggage charges relating to the bicycle.

This maens that if the hold bag and bicycle weigh more than 32kg, the passenger will not have to pay excess baggage but hold bag cannot weigh more than 20kg and a bicycle cannot weigh more than 32kg. Please remember that the total weight of the baggage cannot exceed 50kg (note: although i thought that should read 52kg)

ok, sounds fine.

So i am starting to pack the bike today (Orange Apline, Fox 36 Talas 180mm forks (heavy)) and the total weight of the bike and the chain reaction bike bag appears to be approximately 28-30kg. Not sure exactly because when i hung the bike bag on the hook of the 22kg scales, it maxed out!

So what’s the score – will they accept the bag or not?

Thanks

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Call easyjet customer services and see what they say -suprisingly they know most stuff.

If it is way over then you can pay ahead or take a gamble on the day…

Take the red pill…

Liftman

The bike bag should weigh 32kgs or less, although when I was coming back at Geneva airport my bag was 33.5kgs and it still went through ok.

Make sure you don’t put clothees in your bike bag.

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Thanks. So on top of the 32kg bike bag, you had a separate hold bag with clothes?

toys19
    Free Member

always had dead heavy chain reaction bag or box and bullit or ships anchor like MC Battery with spare tyres and loads of crap, never had an issue.

phil56

I flew with Easyjet a couple of weeks ago, my bike bag weighed over 28 Kgs and my hold luggage was 15 kgs – no problems in either direction.

I also did put clothes etc in my bike bag, wrapped them around the frame etc as ‘protection’, held in place with masking tape.

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Thanks for all replies. Got it bagged up now, except had to remove forks as they were too tall for the bag!

grantway
    Free Member

Take a gamble on the combined weight
    But also call them to find out what the Excess charge on the weight
    that you might think it will be.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its no gamble – its very clear. Book a bag to be checked in and a bike bag you can check in both, non bike luggage is a max of 20kg, bike is a max of 32 kg, combined under 50 kg,no excess luggage charges if you stick within that. Print out the relevant bits off their terms and conditions.

If you get charged excess wrongly then keep the receipt and you will be able to reclaim it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flying with Easyjet – Question’ is closed to new replies.