Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • flying with a baby
  • anagallis_arvensis

Anyone got any tips, other than dont.
    We are leaving for NZ tomorrow for my brothers funeral

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you’re breast feeding then they are the easiest airmiles you will ever do with an infant. It’s actually much harder the older they get.

Under 6 months all they do is feed and sleep.

The wife flew to Australia with our 6 months old and did that on her own. She said it was so much easier than she had expected.

KT1973
    Free Member

We took a 1 & 2 year old on an 11 hour flight last year and I must admit it was hard work. Bring plenty things to keep them occupied and let them walk around a bit (with you) and don’t worry about tutting and dirty looks from old farts and people telling you to keep them quiet if they kick off- it’s a baby ffs!
    We got little portable dvd players with screens and brought cartoons for them. Bring plently of juice/milk and little snacks. Hope everything goes ok for you in this trying time

anagallis_arvensis

he’s 5 months ans still breastfeeding so thats helpful I suppose

KT1973
    Free Member

Ah ok- milk & plenty nappies/wipes and a couple of toys should do it then

anagallis_arvensis

I presume the airline can supply boiled water?

geetee1972
    Free Member

he’s 5 months ans still breastfeeding so thats helpful I suppose

Seriously it will be easy. If you’ll pardon the pun, the time will fly by 😀

Make the most of it thought because as KT1973 says it gets a lot harder when they become mobile and interested in the world around them.

Markie
    Free Member

You’re in the golden window for flying with a child!

Take more nappies, wipes, moisturiser, nipple cream (if used), and babygros / spare clothes than you think you actually need. I’d also recommend taking a 1 (maybe a 2.5?) tog sleeping bag for the little one as planes can be cold.

A nice supply of magazines and books for the pair of you as moving around can be hard once the baby settles. Ooh, and bottled water for you both as well – particularly for Mrs a_a to avoid dehydration. Maybe a change of top or two if the baby is prone to barfing (ours was).

Wishing you well.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Between the two of you it’ll be easy.

In fact you may find it easier than flying on your own.

I hate, hate airports and all the faff of flying. But with a nipper in tow your mind is so taken up by them, that you kind of forget your own discomfort.

Came back from hols last week (about a 4 hour flight each way and flying the first time with two, 6 months and 3 years) we all manage to nap on the way out, but didnt on the way back… and the flight went suprisingly quickly.

A little tip…. have your food one after the other… ask the steward to keep one back.

molgrips
    Free Member

I presume the airline can supply boiled water?

Depends on the airline. BA couldn’t do enough for us, but AA basically told us to F right off whenever we wanted anything out of the set routine. They couldn’t hold a meal back for us so Meg could eat it when she woke up..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘flying with a baby’ is closed to new replies.