Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Flying to Whistler – bike+luggage in a box?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Looking to go to Whistler in September but am on a tight budget..

I see Air Canada has a 32kg limit for the bike so would it be acceptable to use up that 32kg with the rest of my luggage?
    ie: 1 carry on and 1 checked piece?
    Ta 🙂

LAT

Some airlines don’t let you pack luggage in with your bike. Check the small print or contact the airline.

I could be wrong, but I’m not sure that sports equipment can be checked as normal baggage allowance. Not sure why I think this, it is just in the back of my mind.

antennae
    Free Member

Officially I think no, and last time had to open up my bike box travelling from Canada to UK to show them there was nothing else in there.

I usually put my knee pads and that in there as extra “padding” though!

Phone up the airline to be sure 🙂

Can you just take the maximum possible carryon (something like an Osprey Farpoint 40)?

stevied
    Free Member

Just looking at the small print and can’t see anything about putting other stuff in the box. Doesn’t say you can’t… 😉
    Will give them a ring.

shifter
    Free Member

One 32kg box will be a pain to lump around.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

We’ve always chucked stuff in the bike bags when travelling.

Worth bearing in mind if the bag goes missing, you lose everything – might be worth splitting at least some of your kit out 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Worth splitting shoes and helmet out of the bag, in the worst case scenario then you can at least hire a bike while they work out where yours is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Flying to Whistler – bike+luggage in a box?’ is closed to new replies.