Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flying to Vancouver
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Am I going mad or is a one way ticket to Vancouver more expensive than a return?

steveh

It's certanly possible, happens on many routes. I think the reasoning is that those only going one way are either on business and not paying or doing some strange trip and willing to pay for the convenience.

GJP
    Free Member

You may not be comparing like with like. A return fare may have a number of restrictions or penalties (e.g. changes and refunds).

One way fares may be fully flexible (e.g. 100% refund either pre or post travel date and possibly with no admin fee).

It will also depend on which carrier you are looking at – some carriers have a simpler one way standard pricing model although this is less common on long-haul routes.

Technically you may be in breach of contract if you buy a return fare for the purpose of a one way trip.

backhander
    Free Member

Whats the cost like to take a bike?
    anyone done it?

steveh

Backhander – Depends entirely on the airline. When I went with a combination of air transat and canadian affair, one way was free the other £30 for the bike.

backhander
    Free Member

I'm going next summer with the mrs (hiring a winnebago etc).
    If anyone has any recommendations on where to (and not to )go, that would be fantastic. Also cheapest flights appreciated.

scotabroad

I'm just arranging a business trip to Canada and a return mid week is about 2 to 3 times the cost if I return on a Sunday and spent a couple of days sight seeing.

5lab

we went with thomas cook air, and it was pretty dire. However, the bikes were fine, and they were fairly friendly. We paid an extra £30 and got wing seats, with tonnes of legroom. Was about £550 pp in the summer (with bikes, return)

H

Gary_C

we went with thomas cook air, and it was pretty dire.

In what way?

5lab

it was like flying with easyjet, but for 10 hours. There was a free meal, but all drinks except a single small bottle of water at the start were a cost option. Sitting together was a cost option. There was 1 film (I think, I had my laptop and 4 batteries so not sure), the seat pitch was tight (exit row so didn't affect us) and so on. It was survivable, but if BA is an extra £50 or so, its probably £50 well spent

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flying to Vancouver’ is closed to new replies.