Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Flybe – taking bikes, anyone done it?
  • Alex

I would ask them directly but having spent 30 minutes in their call queue, I may not live long enough to get the answer.

The web site is confusing. Pay £10 for 1x20kg bag and then £28 (nice..) for a another one. But in the baggage section, bikes are "carried at £28 a sector depending on space". Well there's not much point turning up if they can't carry the bike!

First time I'm going to use Flybe (if I can) as they fly from Brum. Tax and Baggage is 2xFlight costs. Bonkers. Anyway, has anyone taken a bike with them and what's the story on booking baggage? Ta.

Del

yep.
    if you read other airline's Ts&Cs you'll find they all say that the bikes go on a standby basis, so flybe are no different.
    book your flight, book your bike by phone afterwards ( within 24hrs i think ).

mick_r

I almost flew with them…..

Tried to fly out of Manchester with them on the day the snows hit and shut everything in January. I rang up a few days before to confirm you couldn't book the bike in advance (which you can't) but they did put a note next to my booking to forewarn that a bike was being taken. At the airport they booked it in with no hassle and didn't actually charge the £28. Then the airport shut and 12 hours later the flight finally got cancelled…..

They were also no hassle with the refund (but it took a week to get through – volume of calls from 1000s of cancelled flights meant you just got number unobtainable rather than holding in a queue so not a major pain I guess).

Just book it, arrive early / smile / be friendly at the airport.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Flybe – taking bikes, anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.