Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fly Swallowing :-(
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

There I was riding along, when suddenly I had that awful experience of a dirty great insect of some sorts, hitting the back of the throat. I gave a couple of hearty coughs to try and dislodge the little blighter, but he was going no where. So the only option was to take a couple of big glugs of the camelbak and swallow the criter.

I am intrigued how other forumites deal with this scenario.

1. Do you welcome the additional nutrition and just think to yourself “The extra nutrition might help see you through the ride”

2. Swallow it and think nothing else.

3. Think to yourself “I hope that fly was not feasting on that pile of dog sh!t I just rode past”

uplink
    Free Member

I knew an old lady ………….

Duggan

Best to assume it’s good for you I think!

Paulio
    Free Member

Option 2 for me but that’s only because I hadn’t considered option 3.

santacruzrider
    Free Member

3. Think to yourself “I hope that fly was not feasting on that pile of dog sh!t I just rode past”

I had this happen happen once while riding the canal bank and was passing a large dog kennels/dog hotel type place so I had no option to think of option 3

ampthill

I don’t mind eating them. That bit of my body is engineered to cope

Its the feeling of breathing then in I hate

Infact paranoia is now setting in. I fell off last week having swallowed a fly. I asumed the chest pain was wrenching. May be its the flying in my lungs….

flanagaj
    Free Member

Very strange. Swallowed fly was somehow not fully swallowed and was coughed back up whole, 30 minutes are consumption!

They are always smaller than you think. Good news in that it was not a dirty blue bottle!

.duncan
    Free Member

very rarely swallow bluebottles, can normally splutter them out.. the smaller ones seem to go straight down

philfive
    Free Member

got one stuck in my eyebrow on thursday….had to crack myself in the face to get rid.

Weasel
    Free Member

Loads of the little blighters out today.

IanW
    Free Member

May flies were out by the million this morning, swallowed a few, saves on gels. As per earlierposter oncecoughed one up an hour later.

I find it worst getting them in the eyes and buzzing in my helmet.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Have you seen ‘The Fly’? Consider it a factual documentary and check for strange hairs in your arms in the morning

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fly Swallowing :-(’ is closed to new replies.