Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fluid type turbo trainer
  • cornholio98
    Free Member

I have recently obtained an elite qubo fluid trainer. Not going to lie a ama fatty fat fat fat and have not pedalled in anger in a few years. The resistance is killing me. It feels like I am pedalling with the brakes on (I removed the rear to be sure it was not this…) and if I stop the wheel does 1-1.5 turns on the roller before reaching a complete stop.

Is this normal and I am just going to have to mtfu or have I made some kind of setup error.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Should be easy in your easiest gear – mine is. My elite turbo is the type where you bolt the wheel on them when you sit on the bike your weight moves the wheel onto the resistance bit. Can’t see how you could mess this up?!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Its an odd feature of the ‘floating’ design elite use. Works great for normal weight people, but doesn’t generate enough resistance for very light riders and makes too much resistance for very heavy riders.

mjsmke

I have the same turbo trainer. It’s supose to feel like you’re riding up a 2% gradient as far as I know.

Check the tire pressure as it makes a big difference. I use a 25mm tire and there is a noticeable difference between 100psi and 120psi.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ah – so I’m average. Kinda new already 8)

cornholio98
    Free Member

So the consensus is I should be less fat and get fitter.. This should fit with my hopes anyway and is pretty much what I expected…

tmb467
    Free Member
    cornholio98
    Free Member

After some playing and a spin on the road the trainer is still more effort than the road but the increase in pressure of the rear tyre changed everything. It went from almost impossible to just standard turbo horribleness so thank you everyone for the tips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fluid type turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.