Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Flue liners…. are they all the same?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

So our second stove is being fitted in two weeks time – this one is getting a flexible liner. The fitter has recommended a 316 liner as the 904 (?) has not turned out to be much better. He’s not supplying the liner so is there any difference between 316 liners or are some less equal than others?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I have a 904. IIUR, it copes with both wood and coal smoke. I got a nice stainless label stuck to the wall by my fusebox telling me it’s a 904, ie it goes with the house. This might be important.

mrben100
    Free Member

slowoldgit – Member
    I have a 904. IIUR, it copes with both wood and coal smoke. I got a nice stainless label stuck to the wall by my fusebox telling me it’s a 904, ie it goes with the house. This might be important.

For flues, hearths, chimneys etc. a notice plate is provided, usual somewhere obvious, which specifies the performance of said items. If someone comes along and fits/replaces a combustion appliance the fitter knows what the existing arrangement can handle.

EDIT: sorry, not really answering the OP.

martinhutch

If you’re using it multifuel in theory you should have the higher grade liner. 316 is for woodburning only, and even then there’s an argument that if you’re in the habit of throttling it back rather than running it full pelt, or burning less well seasoned stuff, then 309 might last longer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Flue liners…. are they all the same?’ is closed to new replies.