Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • flu jab will I die?
  • wolfrider
    Free Member

My boss has paid for anybody in the company who wants the flu jab to have it, however I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s knocked them about in the past so has anybody had it and were there any side effects?

philconsequence
    Free Member

definitely going to die, can i have your bike?

mattjg
    Free Member

Had several and make sure I do every year.

Have never had any noticeable side effects. Haven’t had proper flu since I have been having the jabs.

You won’t die.

pennine
    Free Member

I’ve had it over the last 3 winters with no after effects. My wife usually says her arm can be sore for a day

jam-bo

Didn’t have any side effects.

The man-flu I have at he moment seems milder than usual.

ski
    Free Member

Have it every year, Asda are doing it for £7 which was the cheapest I could find, if you have to pay for it, that is 😉

[edit] had a slight dead arm this time for a day or so

Carax
    Free Member

Had mine yesterday, as usual no side effects.

Been having them for about 8 years now with no problems and no Flu !!

(Now I have said that I will probably be sick as a woofer all week end and catch Spanish Swine Bird Flu next week)

zilog6128

Had one on wednesday. Felt very mild symptoms that night (tired, hot, bit achey) was fine the next day. Injection site still hurts if I prod it though!

bonesetter
    Free Member

It alters & damages DNA matrix coding causing possible future cell proliferation (cancer)

What’s wrong with your own immune system?

zilog6128

I find it’s compromised by my tinfoil hat

bonesetter
    Free Member

^^ 😆

bails

My work means that I get it free. This is the first year I’ve had it, I was warned that “everyone” who had it was really ill afterwards. I had it, so did almost everyone else in the office, no-one got ill.

scaled
    Free Member
    Drac

Prescribed about 20 this year, so far no one has had any symptoms. I had mine too and apart from waking up through the night feeling like I had been punched in the arm had nothing.

I have had the flu and would never wish that on anyone.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Always have it through work (NHS) – it’s put on your records if you don’t take up the, not mandatory, offer, though. I can’t imagine why….. 😐

fontmoss
    Free Member

I have had the flu and would never wish that on anyone.

This.

anjs
    Free Member

Yes had Flu in September and so took the free jab at work option yesterday. Oh and DNA matrix coding? Never heard such rubbish before in my life.

martinhutch

Wifey didn’t even get a sore arm from the flu jab this year. Haven’t noticed any early signs of DNA matrix coding issues, although she did start looking a bit different when I was slow with the washing up:

My turn on Tuesday.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Still recovering from having full blown flu. Never been so ill.

I’m definately getting the jab in future. Would have cost me £5 at work 🙄

neninja
    Free Member

Had it every year for ages. Most years get no reaction all, at worst a bit achy for a day.

This year my arm went very warm and hard where I’d had the injection and a bit tender for a few days. Soon passed though.

Drac

Well where do we begin. Ok it you have to be introduced to the virus to build up an immunity, in order to do this you have to be either a carrier or suffer the symptoms. The inactive virus you are given allows you to build up the immunity without symptoms and it’s your own immune system that does the work. I’m not sure how you think that alters your DNA or does it turn you into giant chicken due them using chickens eggs to make it?

martinhutch

Don’t tell him about the chickens, for God’s sake.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘flu jab will I die?’ is closed to new replies.