• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Flu and chest infections
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

When did they take over from colds and coughs? If one more person tells me they've had ONE DAY off work with flu, I'm going to ffffing strangle them. ITS A COLD YOU MUPPET. if it was flu you'd be off for a week or two with the swaets, shivers, and squits and the like, lying in bed and shot to bits!
    And just because you're spitting up some green gunk doesn't mean your lungs are infected! Arrggghhh!!

Sorry. I needed that.

knottie8
    Free Member

here here (from a chap whos off work sick).

Drac

It becomes background noise after awhile PP.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ Drac 🙂

Aaaaand whilst I'm enraged – People who say 'pardon?' all the time when they HAVE actuclly heard you.
    I speak to a lot of people in my job every day. I use the same voice for them all, the only voice I have as it happens, most are OK, but a a notable few AUTOMATCALLY ask me to repeat everything every time. I'm now at the point where I just dont' repeat it. Because I KNOW this will happen.
    I pause for a second ……………. Then get the correct response when they realise they have heard me. WTF is that about? Eh?

sofatester
    Free Member

~Mountainbiker hates other people shocker~

GJP
    Free Member

I thought it did mean your lungs were infected – but with a viral infection rather than a bacterial infection. Agree with the flu bit.

tinsy
    Free Member

Pardon? 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mountainbiker hates other people shocker

I hate nobody. Wanting to strangle someone for having 'flu' is nothing to do with them personally. See, that's the difference betwixt a normal, reasonable person and a lunatic. I wouldn't really strangle them, but I just feel like I should, for the benfit of us all….. 😈

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

**waits a while**
    😛

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

But you are absolutely right! It sounds rather lame these days to have had only "a cold".
    On the related vein, we have been told that for some time that we are in the midst of "pandemic" flue: Society quickly runs out of superlatives. What happens when the Sh*t really hits?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Bugs me as well. Having just recovered from 'proper flu' as I now have to call it, I still feel like people think I'm a fake even though I had to have a fortnight off and for the first week could not even move from bed for aches, temperature and coughing.

It seems you have to have visible or audible symptoms at my work for it to be a legitimate illness despite what a doctor's line says. :s

grynch
    Free Member

*kaa-Chooooo !!! *

ohhhhhh pardon me, has anyone got a tissue ? 😥

sofatester
    Free Member

Bugs me as well

😆

derek_starship
    Free Member

At our place of work, a sick note from a hospital doctor and a discharge letter is required before anybody believes you've been ill.

I can understand it though as there's lots of 24 and 48 hour flu victims knocking about 😆

Keva
    Free Member

I presume flu has become swine flu and bird flu therefore the common cold has to take the place of flu. It must be all about making things seem worse than they really are.

K

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Flu and chest infections’ is closed to new replies.