Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Flow rims are a lot of a squeeze :-/
  • fackit
    Free Member

Received my built up wheel with Stan's Flow rim yesterday.

Despite trying to mount a tyre all morning I have not been able! Tried an Intense and a Specialized but just too tight.

Just bear this mind when thinking about getting a flow rim setup.

I've sent it back for an 'DT EX500' but it would be interesting to hear of any similar stories as i've heard nothing but goodness for the Flow's, hence my original purchase.

wwaswas

that's an expensive morning!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Big Pedros metal tyre levers a bit of washing up liquid round the bead and plenty of MTFU

Michelin Comp 16 Tubeless DH tyre on to a Mavic D321 is officially the hardest combo, broke so many tyre levers…

MrSmith
    Free Member

conti 2.2 black chilli rubber queens (non ust) go on nice and easy

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've got flow rims and whilst being a bit tight, got tyres on without the use of levers, just my manly opposible thumbs 😉

Tyres were Trailrakers & Conti Mountain Kings

fackit
    Free Member

weird….
    the intense is my favourite so was reluctant to try my spare specialized but i did to make sure it wasn't just the intense it didn't agree with but no! The Speccy was even tighter…

Oh well bring on the DTs 🙂

fackit
    Free Member

poppy was here

grumm
    Free Member

No problems with Bontrager Big Earls and Jones here – really easy to mount and inflate. Too much yellow tape?

fackit
    Free Member

my 3 yr old just 'jacked my profile lol!!!

Lactic
    Free Member

I found my new arch rims were tight, so after advice on here I stuck the tyres on my old wheels with an inner tube, inflated them to 50psi and left them in a nice warm airing cupboard overnight. Next day swapped them over without even needing tyre levers.

chakaping
    Free Member

High Roller Lust, HR UST and Rubber Queen 2.4 UST have all gone on without any grief here – even in freezing conditions.

But I do use a DH tyre lever for speed.

Are Intense known for being a bit on the tight side? What tyre is it?

(Top marks for spelling Poppy, v good for a 3-year-old)

chunkypaul
    Free Member

use flow and arch rims and never had such an issue….? maybe its a Intense/ Specialized tyre issue instead?

DT rims are also known to be tight though, plus the EX500's are narrower than the flows

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Flow rims are a lot of a squeeze :-/’ is closed to new replies.