Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Florida flights 2013
  • novaswift
    Free Member

Is it just me or are the flight prices being quoted for next year bloody outrageous? Anyone else finding this ?

dallas95
    Free Member

Yes. I have looked at Virgin, BA and Thompson for May/June and July/August and no deals yet. I don’t know if it’s all the taxes and the fuel costs starting to have an impact but it’s a big increase over the last couple of years. If anyone has any tips on where to find a good flight or fly-drive deal post it up.

novaswift
    Free Member

Could do with finding some decent deal. At the moment we could fly to Australia for not much more. 3k for flights only to Florida is out the box! According to a mate the costliest flights per air mile are to Rome and Florida. Could be Scarborough again next year!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

3k? Please tell me that’s in the comfy end?

I’ve just paid less than that for business/first all the way to Las Vegas at short notice recently!

CHB

Booked to go to florida next year, peak time.
    For four of us including midsize car and reasonable hotel its come in at just under £4500.
    Then theres theme park tickets and spending money on top.

Bloomin expensive, but next year is a once in a blue moon treat!

(Still good value compared to my recent £2200 business class to Dubai).

pacemaker
    Free Member

We go twice a year and 2013 is looking stupidly expensive.

We always book early and have always flown with Virgin but booked in June for June 2013 and the cheapest way to get there was a package holiday with Thomas Cook.

We got Flights (premium flights back), hotel on I drive (which we wont use) and a car for 4 of us for £2940.

It will be a new thing for us flying into Sanford as we normally go into MCO.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Assuming that 3K is for 4 people?

Keep an eye on Miami flights too. It’s a relatively short hop to Orlando from there and you might get slightly better flight price.

More of a clart but try to find a cheapy to New York/Washington and an internal flight down – they are pretty decent prices normally.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Assuming that 3K is for 4 people?

Indeed. Apologies for earlier! Mine was under £3k for but one sleeping soul en route to LAX and LAS!

johndoh
    Free Member

Do a price alert with Kayak and watch the prices – flying to LAX in December and the flights are about £100 each cheaper now than when I bottled it and thought they were going to rise.

restless
    Free Member

We go in February as thats when it is my birthday and it is a bit cheaper.

Can you change the time you go to a less expensive time.

novaswift
    Free Member

thanks for the advice we cant really move much on dates as my daughter has exams next year therefore it really has to be summer. We went 2 years ago for £1850 for a family of 4 flight only. Clearly everything is more costly these days but there seems to have been a huge jump in air fares.We may go down the route of booking the package and not using the hotel as our friends own a villa (obviously that still has to be paid for) Would 5k – 6k be a decent estimate for the trip?

jota180
    Free Member

£3K for the 4 of you, in the school hols next year is looking cheap, the awful Summer here has pushed up demand for next year.
    It’s that + a bit less capacity rather than than higher airline costs that’s keeping the prices up for places like Florida.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fuel & Tax have only gone up. Time to get used to the prices as they are not coming down until something that runs on fairy dust gets invented 🙂

You will be lucky getting much under £1k per person to Oz at a popular time.

jackysmith01
    Free Member

Prices of airline tickets will just continue to go up and will never be cheap again that is why I always see to it that I do not miss any good airline deals. I use Flight Fox in finding since I am a frequent flyer. Check this out http://thesmartbusinesstraveler.com/flight-fox/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Florida flights 2013’ is closed to new replies.