Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Floorists advice please
  • reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Had a quote to redo a small bathroom floor. 1.5m x 1.5m square area all ceramic wall hung but not fitted yet so no cutting around needed.
    To overlay chipboard floor with WBP ply, level a couple of dips with compound and lay Amtico Spacia vinyl wood-effect planks. All materials including door bar supplied by fitter for £300-does this seem reasonable?
    I could do it myself but by the time I’ve bought a bit of this & a bit of that the cost would probably ramp up.
    Cambridge area so nothing is cheap around here!

gazc
    Free Member

have you got a few other quotes to compare for your area? i always get 2 or 3 unless its a mate doing the work

40mpg

I think you’d struggle to get it done for less – if you were running a business would you bother
    Doing a quote
    Driving around to pick up materials
    Spend half a day on your knees in a hot tiny room
    Have to drink someone elses cheapest coffee
    Prepare invoice
    Do accounts and bank cheque
    Make a living from all this ^^

for less than £300?

Yes you could do it yourself but would it be as good, and have you got time? And would teh saving be worth the effort?

I decided a while back* thet ‘getting a man in’ was well worth teh money, and that sounds a reasonable price. I’d even leave him a couple of cold beers after for that.

*actually my missus did after the chopped finger blood everywhere passing out situation when I was doing exactly that^^ job 😳

trout
    Free Member

Spacia retails at around £37 so 3 metrs = £111
    plywood around £15
    screed say £10
    doorplate £5

6 hours work @ £20 =£120 but call it a day so £160

sound about right to me

neilwheel
    Free Member

I know someone who’ll do it for 295.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I’ve only got the one quote so far but the supplier comes well recommended but take your point. Thanks guys, confirms what I was thinking in that it seems O.K.
    I’ve spent too many hours as it is cooped up in that tiny room so will let someone else have the pleasure!
    This bloke who will do it for 295-sounds tempting 😉

STATO
    Free Member

Just got a quote for a 2mx2m. Fancier design and tiles tho so ended up around £600. Fitter was £200 for the day tho so £300 seems pretty damn decent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Floorists advice please’ is closed to new replies.