Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Flooring sawdust as a filler
  • joepose
    Free Member

Whats the best thing to mix with sawdust when repairing an old pine floor? Tried pva and sawdust on a floor years ago but dried and fell out or got sucked out with the hoover. Some on youtube are saying to use filler but not sure what type. Any previous experiences?

project
    Free Member

Moisten the sawdust first with water then mix with pva,and put pva into gaps and fill with sawdust/ pva and allow to dry, then sand flat,

a plastic bag with corner cut off and filled with sawdust/pva, is easier to squirt mix into gaps than using a knife. Use like a piping bag

joepose
    Free Member

cheers project – so deff pva not filler yeah?

project
    Free Member

Filler will be a different colour unless stained, sawdust is usually more the same colour.

Mikey
    Free Member

I have just filled the gaps in my pine floor and used Bona Gap Master in the light oak colour, there are different colours available. You use a caulking gun and wipe the excess off with a wet rag. I have used pva and sawdust before and isn’t anywhere near as good as the above, like you it fell out and also got hoovered out.

spooky_b329

I tried the PVA/sawdust method and for some reason it ended up drying much darker than the floor. Perhaps not enough sawdust?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Flooring sawdust as a filler’ is closed to new replies.