Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Flooring Compound Latex Liquid for tubless?
  • lightman
    Free Member

Ive got a few bikes and thought this could be used to make a cheaper sealant, has anyone tried with stuff like this?
    Flooring Latex 4.5l

I believe you have to mix it with other stuff to make it suitable for tubeless?

andylc
    Free Member

Floor levelling compound is designed to dry solid! Why bother when there is stuff out there actually designed for the purpose? Latex floor leveller is not cheap, so apart from the setting solid issue you’re not even saving money.
    Note: maybe this is a wind-up, in which case I took the bait…

trout
    Free Member

Nope Flooring fitter here and also homemade sealant tryer.
    not enough latex content in the screed latex .

you need Latex adhesive IE copydex or equivalent

my recipe is 1 part latex as above
    1 part water
    1 part Glycol antifreeze
    and some folks pop in glitter but I have not tried that yet

konanige

get down your local agricultural supplier, find some OKO linseal sealant, about £7 for 1 litre does about 8 tyres doesn’t dry out and seals bigger holes.

oldboy
    Free Member

This thread appeals to my intinctive Yorkshire money saving ways. I have grown wise to the old commercial trick of companies purchasing cheap materials in bulk, and then packaging them as bijou products to the hapless public. Well, I for one don’t swallow it, and buy online in bulk whenever I can. Tyre sealant prices are exorbitant and I feel we are being taken for a ride(!) here.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve had a year out of my Hans Ds filled with slime. I can’t see how ripped off I’ve been.

trout
    Free Member

Stans latex is about £12 per litre

home brewed is about half that and if you are using it in Fatbike tyres then the saving is worth it

flybywire
    Free Member

Car tyre sealant bottle is approx. 750ml and around 1/3 price. Has a used by life of approx. 2years..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Flooring Compound Latex Liquid for tubless?’ is closed to new replies.