Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • floor pump – lost part (JoeBlow)
  • Garry_Lager

Took my JoeBlow apart last night to clean it, as it was sticking. Put it back together and I’ve gone and dropped a small part somewhere. It’s from where the hose screws into the base – two parts dropped out. Found one, which is a sort of tiny toblerone shape that slots into the hole (would you call it a baffle?). The other is missing on the workshop floor – anyone know what it is?
    I can screw the pump back together but it’s not reading any pressure on the gauge and won’t inflate – looks like it’s leaking from the hose at the base, so maybe an O-ring?

z1ppy

Check out http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/ for Topeak pump spares, to try and locate your missing part

When I’ve had the base of mine off, the only thing inside was

But that hardly toblerone shaped, so your sounds different…

nbt

Topeak dealers will normally have a spart parts kit so they can repair it for you – I got a missing part for my Topeak Mountain Morph from Royles in wilmslow.

If you’re out on Thursday we can compare my joe blow and see if you can figure out what’s missing

globalti
    Free Member

Topeak are extremely helpful in sending spare parts but are you sure there isn’t a valve at the bottom that you’ve unscrewed? I’ve a feeling there’s a knob at the bottom of the column that allows pressure to leak out.

Garry_Lager

Thks all – i’ll get onto a topeak dealer to see what I’ve lost.

kcal

it’s the bit that zippy posted that I ended up needing to replace on my Joe Blow.
    I’ll have a look and see if there’s a toblerone shaped spare left over.

I too simply got a set of spares from SJS or similar, replaced most of the bits anyway.

Garry_Lager

Spoke to the main supplier and it’s a wee ball that is missing – kindly offered to send me a replacement FOC.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘floor pump – lost part (JoeBlow)’ is closed to new replies.