Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Floating rotors & Elixirs
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Am idly contemplating some Superstar/Hope/Clarks etc floating rotors but I understand the carrier can sometimes foul on the caliper/pads

Just wondered if anyone had used Elixirs with floating rotors?

majorspaniel

Yes, I’m using hope floating rotors with avid elixir cr’s, iv had no issues.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

I’ve also got SS Floating rotors,

180/160 and using their adaptors. I actually get no fouling with my CR’s that i’ve just put on. My Tektros did though big time!

rocketman
    Free Member

OK thanks fellas. I must admit the Elixir calipers look fairly minimal and it’s hard to imagine how a floating rotor could mess them up but you never know eh?

I’m still haunted by J3s & RT76s

khani
    Free Member

Hope V2 floating rotors don’t foul the caliper as they have a deeper braking surface than standard floating rotors, but they only come in 180-203…

rocketman
    Free Member

Thanks for that some 203s are what I need want

xiphon
    Free Member

Aren’t Hope V2s thicker than other rotors, so aren’t compatible with other calipers.

philstone

I tried Hope floating on my Elixir 5’s and they did catch..

Grim
    Free Member

I have Shimano 180 & 160 floating rotors with my elixr 5s. They do not rub!

Grim

khani
    Free Member

Those are vented, you can get non vented V2 floating rotors as well, I’ve got some on some oro bianco’s and they work a treat
    I tried standard mono mini floating rotors and the rivits fouled the calipers on my oro’s

KevinPP
    Free Member

Isn’t it more down to the hub/fork combo? Running Elixirs and Hope floaters on both bikes with no probs.

adam_h
    Free Member

Elixir 5’s and Hope floating rotors here with no rubbing.

xiphon
    Free Member

Ahhhh I thought V2s were all vented (hence the ‘V’ bit…)

redafro
    Free Member

what type of hope floaters are you folks using, the V2’s or the saw tooth..
    I’m wanting to get some 203F and 183R with me Elixir R’s.. Running DT swiss hubs with and Fox Talas 32’s. Anyone running this setup and have and rub issues??

🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

does anybody know if the superstar floating rotors will catch on formula rx’s?

Onzadog
    Free Member

My wife is running juicy 5 with hope 183/160 sawtooth hope rotors. I just cut the tang off the pads. No more catching.

njee20
    Free Member

I had the Saw Tooth Hope Pro ones on Elixirs, they were fine.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Floating rotors & Elixirs’ is closed to new replies.