Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Float X lever jammed/stuck
  • wl
    Free Member

The blue 3-position lever on my 2017 Float X has jammed solid after just a couple of months and only a few rides. Guessing it’s got a piece of grit or something jamming it (it’s as though it’s locked, not seized up with gunk). Anyone else had this and sorted it themselves? Any tips/methods. Ta for any help.

Poopscoop

Just a bump to the top mate.

I can’t help I’m afraid. 🙁

RickDraper
    Free Member

Lever is quite easy to disassemble and you can remove I fro the shock wit the 2 1.5mm allen key bolts to do it. Just watch out for the ball bearings when you remove he grub screw.

If you don’t want to strip it down then try sliding some fishing line down between the blue lever and black housing to clean the ball bearing.

Flaperon

Might be worth double checking before removing the lever. IIRC on earlier Float shocks it required a workshop visit after doing so…

I gave mine a thorough spraying with silicone spray which forced out the grit.

slickandslide
    Free Member

Its a Float X, the lever can be removed. Inline floats the lever cannot be removed.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers folk, helpful stuff. Daft question but do I need to dump the air if I remove the lever? No big deal if so. Ta.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Nope you can leave the air in the shock.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Float X lever jammed/stuck’ is closed to new replies.