Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Float X advice
  • wl
    Free Member

Got a Float X Factory rear sock on my 2017 Five. It performed great until the blue ever jammed, but Mojo fixed this on warranty a couple of weeks ago. Out riding today and I noticed a real clunk/clang a few times on rough descents. The rubber ring is at the end of the travel but not pushed right off, so I’m assuming the shock isn’t bottoming out even though it kinda felt that way. Any ideas? Is it likely to be a rebound thing and topping out? Pressure is set the same as before I sent the shock off, but perhaps Mojo tinkered wight eh rebound – I’m not sure. Can’t ring them as their website is now off-line. Any suggestions for curing the clunk/bang (which sounds horrific and can’t be a good thing). Or ideas for set-up for an 11.5 stone rider who rides steep techie stuff and rough natural Pennine trails with the occasional 4ft drop. Ta v much.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Did you pump it up as per the manual? You are meant to compress it a bit every few PSI to equalise the negative chamber.

Not doing so would make the shock behave strangely

wl
    Free Member

Yeti – cheers for the tip. The shock actually came back already pumped up by Mojo so I left it as it was as the sag looked right.

wl
    Free Member

Any more tips?

wwaswas

reset the sag as per the manual.

You can ring TF Tuned who employ the same people and may have access to previous records or could at least advise.

wl
    Free Member

wwaswas – I’ll give it a go, thanks. Any tips on settings welcome.

yoshimi

My 2017 Five with 90kg rider

Custom re-valve from Mojo
    Large volume spacer
    300psi
    Rebound 6 clicks from slowest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Float X advice’ is closed to new replies.