Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Flite users: what else is compatible with your back end?
  • Bez

I’ve been using the original-shaped Flites for over 20 years now (mostly the Trans Am in recent years) but they seem to be hard to get hold of now. The re-issued original one is £60 and I could use something a little cheaper.

If anyone out there also has decades of Flite-hardening and has found anything that’s a perfect match, what is it? (Any of the newer Selle Italia models?)

doof_doof
    Free Member

I went from Flites to various version of the SLR. The SLR shell seems to have plenty of flex, and (for me)is very comfortable. They can often be had for under 50, and there is also the cheaper SL, which I think is similar.

moonwrasse
    Free Member

I Used Flites since they first came out.
    My road bike has a Selle Italia SLK gel flow on it, Very comfy, and mtb’s have Charge spoons on them, Again very comfy. And cheap.

Crell
    Free Member

Another SLR vote. SLR is fairly comparable but a bit more comfortable.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had an old Flite on my turbo bike for years and only just swapped it for a Fizik Antares that I’d been using on my road bike. Both saddles seem to be compatible with my back end!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I started with Flites and got on with them well for several years, then I had one with a logo embroidered on the wings and it gave me saddle sores. So I switched to Fizik and haven’t looked back.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Oops double post.

oldgit
    Free Member

Flites since 1990? Last old one is now on my 29er.
    Next up are Concors, got two bikes with those on.
    Got a new generation Flite on my race bike.

So Concors.

mattbee

Had Flite for around 20 years but also get on with Charge Spoon and Fizik Nisene.

goby

Ah also will give a +1 for SLR however i have managed to break two of the (seat rail failure) so have now gone to a cromo rail charge spoon. Very comfy would have another if this fails and as others have said, cheap too.

turboferret

After Flites I went to SLRs, but on the nice road bike I have an anonymous completely unpadded carbon thing similar to this which I find remarkably comfortable.

On the tri bike I have a ridiculously expensive Dash TT9 🙂

Cheers, Rich

TiRed

I switch between original Flite Ti and Fizik Arione. To be honest, I’d just bite the bullet on the reissue as you’ll get years of use and you may end up not liking the replacement you choose. Or search used – the come up fairly often.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Flite users: what else is compatible with your back end?’ is closed to new replies.