Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flipping Paint respray?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Anyone done this to their bike? Does it work well? How is it standing up to abuse in the wilds?

If you have no idea what I mean, check this stuff out…

Funky Paints anyone?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Personally reckon there’s not enough surface for the effect to look decent, but I could be wrong. Looks nice on a car (if the right colours are chosen). Last time i looked it was MENTALLY expensive – £200 a litre expensive?

nickc

Agree with coffeking, it’d be expensive, and wouldn’t look right.

AndyRT
    Free Member

OK, so we have 2 saying NAH….any advocates of this before I send my frame for an enamalling?

oxym0r0n

I seem to remember someone on here had a Giant frame done by a mate that works at a TVR garage – it looked quite good…

And don’t forget the original Klein’s!

benkitcher
    Free Member

I used to have a Kona stab done in flip purple/green. It was done for free by the manufacturer of the paint whilst i did my work experience there and the guy who did is world renound for his painting skills apparently.

Was really nice and lasted very well too (even on a dh bike) but he said he’d used about £500 of materials. It was PPG xirallic paint, the guy who bought the frame for £300 got a blinkin bargain!

finbar
    Free Member

I seem to remember someone on here had a Giant frame done by a mate that works at a TVR garage – it looked quite good…

This one?

I sort of agree about their not being enough surface area to really get the full effect. In the sunshine it looked amazing though (never took any pics unfortunately).

geetee1972
    Free Member

How about this:

It’s not mine and not to my taste, but pretty funky!

AndyRT
    Free Member

It does look oddly cool….but I like the Giant colour fip, it adds a definite BLING to the bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Flipping Paint respray?’ is closed to new replies.