Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Flippin’ heck!!! £2,300 forks!
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😯 I trust these are truely special!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=36049

richc
    Free Member

I am surprised there isn’t a news story about them 🙄

wwaswas

£800 rear mech…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

richc – Member
    I am surprised there isn’t a news story about them

there is, somewhere……!

Come with a lovely case as well!

Stoner
    Free Member

whooosh.

And I knew you were an aeronautical enthusiast CFH! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£800 rear mech…

That appears to have been created at the ugly anvil!

😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

900 euro rear mech, with a shifter

And the front mech, with shifter – 600 Euros

snap
    Free Member

Following on from the £2300 forks and £800 rear mech seriously how expensive could a custom biuld come too

If these two examples are anything to go by then i think £10000 isnt out the question ,Try explaining that to the wife

will
    Free Member

Are they really going to better than a pair of good Boxxers? Doubt it 🙄 pointless i say!

mikey74
    Free Member

Are they really going to better than a pair of good Boxxers? Doubt it pointless i say!

There’s an intial review on Pinkbike that pretty much says “No” to that question.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmm, I’m gonna stick a set on me brompton shopper.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Are those mechs hydraulic or cable operated?

The new Flexarados must be the most pointless product in MTB history. I mean, who in their right mind is going to spend that much money on a fork? Think about it like this – if have the sort of job that gives you that kind of disposable income then you can’t possibly ride enough to warrant having them.

Pro-racers will get given them – fantastic, but doesn’t exactly make you any money. Serious amateurs or self financed racers won’t be able to afford them. Maybe a few bike shop employees will be able to afford them at trade.

With the new Boxxer looking like it’s another great fork, you gotta wonder what Manitou hope to gain.

Look out for the trickle down technology into a fork that’s not quite as good but costs 50% less

bigsi
    Free Member

snap – Member
    Following on from the £2300 forks and £800 rear mech seriously how expensive could a custom biuld come too

If these two examples are anything to go by then i think £10000 isnt out the question ,Try explaining that to the wife

GF’s brother has a darkside bike that cost about that and his wife’s cool with it,,, some blokes have all the luck 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

they come with 3 free services, should see you through the first weeks ridng at least!

I still want them though, those or the FOES forks, which are even more hideously expensive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member
    Are those mechs hydraulic or cable operated?

Hydro. I think they look rather lovely. Would love to try a set! If they’re anything like as good at shifting as Airlines, I’ll have to lust after a set!

wwaswas

geetee1972 – but comapanies have to develop these high end/expensivbe products to give them the technology that trickles down tot he cheaper kit later. They don’t expect to make a profit on them particularly, it’s an R&D expense.

mikey74
    Free Member

Why do you think Bugatti built the Veron? A car that costs £5,000,000 to build and sells for £500,000: To prove they can and to develop the technology to trickle down to other cars.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yup, definatley new technology in there, its not like the first generation USD dorrado’s were carbon fiber with TPC+ dampers, later replaced by the shockingly bad SPV (but in a stiffer chassis)?

You’d think manitou would learn

FFD : basic but reliable, spikes a bit.
    TPC : very good
    TPC+ : very good with added bottom out resistance
    SPV : shockingly bad, and unreliable
    SPV+ : shockingly bad, with bottom out adjustment, but still unreliable
    SPVevolve : less shockingly bad, but still unreliable
    Intrinsic : apparently quite good, but reliability issues and non user servicable.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have SPV on my 2005 Minute 3 forks – I think they’re better than my Fox Talas.

Dibbs
    Free Member

How do they set the indexing on the hydro shifters?

retro83
    Free Member

to be fair 200mm of travel from a 6.4 pound triple crown fork is pretty impressive.

schwimoid
    Free Member

Ill probably end up buying them, would look mean on my bike!!

momo

New Boxxer WC’s are 5.9lb…so half a pound (or so) lighter, and half the price!

(oh and undoubtedly more reliable!)

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

friend got the 10 grand bike that cycling weekly/plus someone did a test on…

retro83
    Free Member

New Boxxer WC’s are 5.9lb…so half a pound (or so) lighter, and half the price!

(oh and undoubtedly more reliable!)

Wow, these really are pointless then!
    Looks like the 2010 Boxxer Race has 200mm travel/6.3 pound weight and ‘only’ costs £650…

radoggair
    Free Member

A company called American bicycles built a frame made of beryllium which was worth $26000.00 about 10 years ago. Thats a goos starting point for the ultimate expensive (but would be to afraid to ride) bike

hora
    Free Member

😆 Manitou 😆 no matter what they do they’ll never rescue their reputation. RS was turned around earlier on, whereas Manitou have left it too long- utter crap 😆

Eddie_fb
    Free Member

Rather you than me radoggair, isn’t beryllium carcinogenic?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

maybe ive just had bad forks, but I wont be gonig back to SPV

PePPeR

All this Manitou knocking, but I love my Black SPV’s, I bought a set of Magura Menjas to replace them and haven’t been as happy and even my Rebas on my other bike although good don’t feel as nice as my Blacks.

aracer
    Free Member

Rather you than me radoggair, isn’t beryllium carcinogenic?

You’d have to get out your sandpaper and sniff it for there to be a problem!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Flippin’ heck!!! £2,300 forks!’ is closed to new replies.