Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flights to Vancouver – Westjet/Air Transat
  • tootallpaul

Anyone flown to Vancouver with Westjet or Air Transat?

I’m looking to go in August, and they seem to be the cheapest.

Cheers,

Paul

steveh

Last time i checked bikes were much more expensive to take on west jet.

I used transat the two times I’ve been and it was fine.

tootallpaul

Not planning on taking the bikes at the moment, but its a good point…

Was thinking of hiring bikes out there for a few days.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have no experience of Westjet but have flown with Air Transat and they are good. I’ve never had an issue with taking bikes as well.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Transat all good for me too, good with bikes.

tootallpaul

How is the legroom? I’m a tall chap…

daviek

Canadian affair used to be pretty good on prices

ahsat

My brother has just flown out there with West Jet this week – sent some good comments back from his free in air wifi. Food sounded a bit average but think otherwise all good. Know a couple of other people who have used them too.

tynemouthmatt
    Free Member

Flown Westjet Gatwick to Calgary twice this year. Second time brought my bike out. From memory it was ~£20 for the bike as a extra bag. Arrived in one piece.

sam_underhill

Flew westjet to Calgary (home via Vancouver) last summer. It’s a budget airline. I arrived in one piece with my luggage. That’s about it really. I’m small so fit in budget airline seats.

plumber
    Free Member

Transat Air are fine

john_drummer
    Free Member

Canadian Affair are more of a travel agency/ booking agent; they typically use Air Transat anyway.

I’ve flown with Air Transat to/from Calgary & Toronto, going with them to Vancouver later in the year.
    They’re fine although checking in at Toronto was, shall we say, “haphazard”. Can’t remember much about Calgary check-in so it must have been ok

13thfloormonk

Did a few flights with AirTransat, always happy with price/service, just be prepared for a possible random 1hr stopover in Calgary while they change staff and take on more passengers. Didn’t happen every time, and seemed an acceptable price to pay for £500 return flights!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flights to Vancouver – Westjet/Air Transat’ is closed to new replies.