Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flights – Online check in, random freaky coincidence?
  • iain1775
    Free Member

I fly with BMI Baby for work every other week, days tend to vary but its always the same route
    When I check in online also varies from the same day I fly to upto 7 days in advance
    Why then do I always end up getting allocated the same seat for both legs of the journey each week??
    Its always 19E on the way out and 18C on the return journey

Its starting to freak me out now!

How are these things allocated, I understand the plane has to be ‘balanced’ but always thought it was with a degree of randomness

is it just some freaky coincidence that this has happened the last 4 times I have flown, or should I be getting worried?!?

meesterbond

I fly with BMI pretty regularly – roughly fortnightly I’d guess and always get allocated seat F. The row varies but I’m always next to the window on the right hand side, never the left.

intode_void
    Free Member

Have you seen Final Destination? Someone is trying to tell you something!

wwaswas

My guess is that it remembers your previous choice/allocation and offers that if it’s available.

Stoner
    Free Member

My BA settings account let me set preferences which it uses for all allocations whether I explicitly chose them again or not.

avdave2

I usually end up in 13 C or D.

Liftman

When you check in if you feel a draft behind you dont get on the plane 😉

mildred

Explain online check in please – flying in a couple of weeks and didn’t know what this is.

akira

How about if you feel a draft when you’re on the plane, worth mentioning unless you’re on Easyjet then it probably costs extra.

Garry_Lager

Explain online check in please – flying in a couple of weeks and didn’t know what this is.

It means you check in yourself online and print out a boarding card, via the airline’s website. If you’re travelling light, say just on a day’s business trip, then this is faster as you can just go to the airport and go direct through security and to the gate, without any queuing at the check in desk.

If you need to put a bag on the plane then you’ll need to go to a bag-drop desk in the airport, which might mean a wee queue.
    You can also pick your seats on some airlines with online checkin – which can make a big difference on a long haul flight for example. Avoid that middle seat next to the bogs at the back.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Could the OPs predicament be something to do with the fact he travels for business – is it some sort of block booking by his company?

iain1775
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe – no its not, its just me and booked individually every time as days and flights vary

brassneck

Cookies I reckon, BA does much the same for me.

Or maybe 19A is the default and everyone immediately thinks it must be rubbish and moves.. so everyone gets it initially…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flights – Online check in, random freaky coincidence?’ is closed to new replies.