Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Flights Booked for Alicante heading for the hills
  • fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Me and family tired of constant rain and cold in galloway have bit the bullet and are off to spain any ideas of where to head for river swimming walks biking and all things not costa benidorm

portlyone

Check for a LBS in Alicante and ask them, I got a few gps routes from one when I went to Javea. I started off in Spanish but they came back to me in English; a lot of them do hiring to tourists so can speak English.

EDIT: From memory there’s a freeride/DH park near there, and while I haven’t riden near Alicante I’ve seen loads of MTBs crossing the roads to the hills.

http://xabiabikers.blogspot.com/

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I believe there is some good biking in the mountains behind Benidorm, but unfortunately I can’t recall the name of the valley and we didn’t go there.
    The parents live near Javea ^ so we found the same guys as Portlyone. They gave us some good local routes, but you’re talking maybe about 45mins drive north from Benidorm. Unfortunately there don’t appear to be any guidebooks to buy for the area. The stuff they pointed us towards was pretty good, but it’s quite limited in the Javea area, it seemed to be very much a local knowledge thing. My bro in law went out on a evening ride with xabiabikers and enjoyed it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Flights Booked for Alicante heading for the hills’ is closed to new replies.