• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Flickr users – what do you think of the new look?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Click the link in the pink banner to see the future…

I can no longer get access to the BBCode (from Bez's Phorumr script) to post photos on here with a link back to the photopage.

like so…

Otherwise I'm liking the look of it.

.duncan
    Free Member

i like it.. i find it a much more usable interface

lowey

Get a few more pies down you mate.. your looking a tad thin.

crewlie

It's ok,but I'll miss Bez's script.

.duncan
    Free Member

ooh just discovered the keyboard shortcuts, they're a nice touch.

lowey

hmmmm… my script still works.. but I'm damned if I can remember who made it. Drac posted it a while back.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lowey – how do you access your script?

I can only see the url and HTML options and I'm not sure how to add the Greasemonkey script to those.

downgrade
    Free Member

Ooh, built-in 'view on black' (the magnifying glass/zoom in button)

Quite like the changes I think

lowey

Dunno mate.. Drac sent me the link but the slacker is on holiday now.

Search drac's post's.. it wasn't that long ago that he repeated it. Works a treat.

samuri
    Free Member

Bez made the greasemonkey script, it doesn't work on the new page for me.
    Hang on, let me have a look at it, it's not really my thing but it might be obvious.

samuri
    Free Member

Dunno why it doesn't work, I've modified the wild cards to include the extended URL but it's not happening for me, maybe Bez can fix it. Must be simple.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Huh – it looks the same to me

confused

samuri
    Free Member

There's a preview button to see the new look.

edit: You only get it when you click on a photo.

grumm
    Free Member

Sorry just a quick test…

Quite like the new layout I think.

andytherocketeer

gonna get annoying. more mouse clicks for the add to set and add to group. looks basically the same though at first glance.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Very similar, but a bit tidier and the default image size is bigger.

The "share this" options are limited though – I like to post images here which link back to my photopage and this isn't possible* with the nu look.

*without me having to do some leg work, and I've gotten lazy. Don't blame me; it's society's fault.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can't see anything new, and no options to test new look. Confused also.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

CK,

click on one of your photos to go to its photopage. There should be a pink banner on the photopage…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sussed it out but I can't post pics using it.

Bez

Oh. Hadn't noticed the change till I read this.

Bear with me. It needs a whole new script and the way the new stuff is built, making something nice will be a lot harder. I've got it generating new text boxes with the BBCode in them, no problem. I just need to find a way of not having half a dozen text boxes on display at once, whilst also retaining the HTML content in the elements. Ideally, if I can tap into the script firing from that size selector I'll be away, but I don't know if I've got time to unpick it all – I might just take an easy option for now. Anyway, it's past my bedtime so you'll have to wait. I will fix it though.

Haven't had a chance to look at the new design really, the most obvious thing for now is that the page is now too wide for my netbook, which sucks.

Drac

Not on me hols Lowey today left and then off on long days off.

Sure Bez will fix it but can't understand why flickr don't have bb code.

samuri
    Free Member

If you're desperate, the allsizes script works well with the new look although you need an extra click to find the BB code for posting to places like this.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/flickrhacks/discuss/72157594303798688/

Bez

can't understand why flickr don't have bb code

Nor can I – people have been asking for it for years. Yet they've added a 'grab link' option, which (unless I've missed something) is totally pointless because it's just the URL you see in the browser chrome. Equally baffling is that for want of a single slash their HTML link isn't valid XHTML either. I've fixed that as well 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Flickr users – what do you think of the new look?’ is closed to new replies.