Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • flickr – argh!!
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

I’ve not used flickr much in recent times but I’ve just uploaded some pics from the summer and I can’t see how to share them. There is a “share” icon on each photo page but it does nothing. It used to be easy to get the HTML or BBCode so that I could write a rambling, incoherent photo-essay for STW.

When did it become unusable?

scuttler

I had a dabble the other day too. Bollrks isn’t it and they had the temerity to put ads in that actually look like pics (clever if not alarming when some lass in a bikini appears in your photo stream ;-)). Sorry I can’t really help but I ended up clicking between the pic and the browser bar in FF, selecting View Page Info, Media and scrolling through the image files in the list until the pic and then right clicking on that URL and selecting copy.

PS Stick with it as I like your rambling, incoherent photo-essays. More please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, same here. Also having to register for a Yahoo account is a bit pish too.

singlespeedstu

Click on the arrow on the right bottom of the screen then copy and paste as normal.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/osmi1w]Screenshot (6)[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

stumpy01

As above, click on the sharing arrow, change the radio button to BB Code and copy and paste as you used to do.

Mine weirdly came up with ‘this image cannot be shared’ or something similar yesterday, but I just refreshed the page and it let me do it.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

That’s the button that isn’t working for me Stu!

Might it be significant that my paid subscription has lapsed?

footflaps

It was broken this morning when I tried….

CheesybeanZ

Non of that works on a sodding Samsung tablet 👿

stuartie_c
    Free Member

To compound my frustration, I’ve just lost the rambling, incoherent photo-essay text because I refreshed the wrong tab. Arse.

I’m going out for a walk for a while. Hopefully it’ll work when I get back.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Wait!

It works in Chrome, but not in Firefox…

Still going for that walk.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

[/url] Post ride ‘smack’ by nobeerinthefridge, on Flickr[/img]

Aha!. That didn’t work the last time I tried it!

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s having intermittent problems with the share button, according to the help forum.

scuttler

singlespeedstu = multispeedstu 😐

Get off the fence man!

the-muffin-man

It’s not great and Auto Backup on the iPhone only works when it feels like it!

But I stick with it as no-one else gives so much storage for nothing.

scuttler

Are they haggis nachos as mentioned on another thread? They look ace!

singlespeedstu

scutters

It might be hard to believe but neither of those are my real name. 😆
    I only post on here while on a singlespeed but always ride gears when posting on Flickr.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

😀

Quick experiment before the rambling shaggy-dog tale…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/osrFds]busted1[/url] by stuartie_c, on Flickr

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Had this a while back, when everything got switched over to the new site. It’s worth going back through all of your settings, and checking that the view options in your preferences is set to Public. Bit fiddly to find ( not exactly a great site layout )but may make a difference.

Had lots of intermittent problems with the site though, needs to get a lot better.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

No problems with Chrome but still doesn’t work with Firefox.

Anyway, here are the fruits of my labours.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/road-climbs-in-europe-rambling-incoherent-photo-essay-within

passtherizla
    Free Member

My account is totally FUBAR’d completely locked out, and when I did get back in all my photos are gone…

emailed yahoo support a few times think I’m just going to give up and start elsewhere.

metalheart
    Free Member

Applecross top by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Er, tried yours Stuartie but it wouldn’t give me the grab the code option. Do you have permissions set on the photos?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers dude.

Perplexingly, it all appears to work now! I tried the share button on your photos and it worked then I went back to mine and it was all working like it should.

Weird, since it was fine in Chrome earlier but refused to work in FF.

waihiboy
    Free Member

slight hijack sorry…

does anybody know if you can download all your photos direct from flickr.

the last time i checked (not sure pre or post update) you couldnt, there was a third part app but it was cr*p

i’ve got loads on there and want to back them up, put them onto a hard drive.

cheers

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I used an app called Bulkr which seemed to work pretty well, though that was a couple of years ago now. I’m sure they’ve adapted it to mesh with flickr’s current ghastly incarnation.

It’s a slow process, depending on your bandwidth and the number/size of your pics but I’m pretty sure it allowed archiving at native resolution.

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers for the reply,

that was the app, i just couldnt get it to work properly!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘flickr – argh!!’ is closed to new replies.