Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Flickr – anyway of knowing if a picture of yours is being linked somewhere?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Can't say I'm a big user, mainly for selling bits on here, but just noticed it tells you how many times a picture has been viewed. Most are under 10, but one slightly arty picture has got 432?! Pretty sure I've never posted the pic so is someone else using it? Anyway to know?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44108154@N06/4251355277/

Drac

There was not sure if there still is, trying to find it.

Drac

Go to account stats from recent activity then select refers that may give you an idea.

simon_g

I suspect it's a feature of the Pro account.

Under the "This photo was taken on… with a …" text, there's the number of views. With my pics, I can click on that and it gives me a page with a nice graph of views and loads of info about top referrers (pages that have linked to it).

DT78
    Free Member

Seems to say I haven't had any activity….hmmm, it's not that important just thought it was weird I've got one photo thats got 100s more views than any of the others.

Edit – other options ask me to upgrade and show previews of pretty graphs.

Drac

Click on the graph where it's at it's peak.

DT78
    Free Member

Looks like I have to pay to get the pro version to be able to get the graphs.

Might just delete it and see if anyone complains 🙂

Drac

Replace it with the same image, it gets a new number and breaks the link.

DT78
    Free Member

Hmmm, might look into it a bit more in the morning, may actually upgrade anyway as I've been meaning to set up an online photo backup for a little while

Drac

It's worth it I like Flickr a lot.

zokes
    Free Member

+1 on paying Flickr peanuts to keep your photos safe…

simon_g

Ditto. $25 a year (about £1.30 a month?) is a bargain – Unlimited uploads and access to the original files means I tend to just upload full-res shots and consider it an off-site backup.

druidh
    Free Member

Pro also give you more Folders/Sets for better organisation. I think it's an absolute bargain.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

If you change the privacy settings on the photo, it changes its URL.

Set it to "Private", momentarily, then back to "Public" and it'll break any links that currently exist.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Following another thread in here I use carbonite. Not the same, but we're paying around Au$5 a month to back up 50Gb+ of photos and tat. Very happy with it.

rOcKeTdOg

I use Flickr and it is a bargain, but as a back up? Worried that if Flickrs servers go tits up all my pics would be lost

druidh
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I use Flickr and it is a bargain, but as a back up? Worried that if Flickrs servers go tits up all my pics would be lost

Double jeopardy. Your own collection would have to be lost AND the Flickr servers down at the same time…..

Still, just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get you 😉

Drac

At a guess yahoo have saved up enough pennies now to back their servers up on to floppies.

samuri
    Free Member

what I'd like is the ability to replace the picture but keep the same URL. That way if you think someone is stealing your work it'll get replaced with a picture of you doing a poo or whatever you choose to replace it with and they get sacked or something.

bazzer
    Free Member

Talking of online backup services.

Does anyone know of a service that will work with Windows and Linux ?

They all seem to use custom clients rather than using a standard interface that is OS agnostic.

Bazzer

Cougar

Change the image for one of a large c0ck and balls, wait to see who complains. (-:

Steve_B

here I was thinking all those hits meant I was popular!

Double jeopardy. Your own collection would have to be lost AND the Flickr servers down at the same time…..

Happened to me with a fotopic account – their server lost some pics and when I went to restore them I had also lost them as when I had first used a digital camera the software had dumped them in an obscure applications folder which I hadn't backed up – tantalisingly the thumbnails are still on fotopic

Lesson learnt!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Bazzer, I searched long and hard for someone who did carbonite style offsite online backup for lincux and it's slim pickings there – couldn't find anything suitable for the home user.

Ended up going to a dual boot system thanks to replacing the pc, and linux has become a bit of waste of space to me thanks to Windows 7.

druidh
    Free Member

Back to the original question…

I have one photo which seems to be referenced every day. It’s a shot of my VN Amazon, and it’s always referenced from an STW thread (this one).

Now, that thread is 4 months old, so either someone is a long-term prevaricator, or sales of tourers are going through the roof next year.

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Bazzer have a look at Dropbox it can be used on windows, linux, mac and if you have a smartphone from one of the above you can use it on there aswell.

cynic-al
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    what I’d like is the ability to replace the picture but keep the same URL. That way if you think someone is stealing your work it’ll get replaced with a picture of you doing a poo

Pics please.

spooky_b329

Bt Internet customers get a pro Flickr account automatically, nice surprise when I found out.

I think you can replace a photo and keep the same link, I’m sure there is an option alongside the photo as long as you are logged in.

Droid, might be a search engine updating its results.

AlasdairMc

this used to be a problem on a forum I frequented years ago, hence no hotlinking of images. It only took one person to replace their pic with goatse* to ensure it was a valid rule.

* – NNNNSFW

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Flickr – anyway of knowing if a picture of yours is being linked somewhere?’ is closed to new replies.