Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flexible/bendable ply
  • druidh
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I might get some off-cuts. I need a couple of bits for lining out my can but I don’t want to buy a whole sheet of the stuff. 5mm or 8mm would be fine.

Stoner
    Free Member

not sure you’ll find anything flexible in ply. WHat kind of radius are you looing at?

GW
    Free Member

just leave it out in the snow it’ll be plenty flexible when you thaw it out 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

lining out my can

d45yth
    Free Member

Think he means ‘van’.

donsimon
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

I envisaged a ply lined downstairs bog with velour walls and Liberace highlights.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s a bit low key innit?

druidh, do you have a Selco anywhere near you? 8×4 5.5mm is £11.49/sheet plus VAT. 8mm a few quid more-ish.

Try a timber merchant instead of DIY Superstores – should be a good bit cheaper.

druidh
    Free Member

DD – thanks for the suggestions. No Selco near us (looks like they’re afraid of crossing the border). I’ve been unable to track down any local suppliers (so far).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another suggestion would be to find a flooring supplies place ie somewhere that supplies things like underlay, gripperrods, tools, adhesives etc. to floorers. They always have 6mm and 9mm ply – and often in 4×2 sheets (which might be a bit more manageable). Just go in looking a but scruffy and say you’re trade if they’re bothered asking.

EDIT: This crowd are in Glasgow and they’ll be cheap. Just go in and say you’re cash.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh, I have some 6mm ply – I just wanted some of the flexible stuff for finishing off round a window. I can buy a 2.4m x 1.2m sheet of the stuff online, but I only need about .4 x 1.2m 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right, I sees. 😳

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flexible/bendable ply’ is closed to new replies.