Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Flexible working hours for all.
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

9am was pretty tough??? What happened? Did you have a 4 hr commute? My heart bleeds for you. Most mollycoddled post ever, I’m afraid.

Circadian Rythms, everyone’s is different. Homo Sapiens never evolved to wake up everyday to get into work at 9.00am. Hunter Gatherers also only worked about 2.5 days per week.

GrahamS

If that is the case then the job can be outsourced or reduce the day on contract accordingly. I seriously doubt some works can be cramped into or adjust at will to fit the employees, yes some can but not all.

I’m not cramping mine into anything. If my flexible working application is approved then I’ll just move from 39hrs/five days to 32hrs/four days.

I am on zero hr contract yet I am doing as much as those on “flexi-hr”. Shouldn’t they be on zero hour contract as I do?

Sorry but that sounds like your criticism is simply down to jealousy.

Why should someone in my situation be put on a zero hour contract when all I want to do is drop a day? There is plenty of work for me to do.

jam-bo

If my flexible working application is approved then I’ll just move from 39hrs/five days to 32hrs/four days.

good luck. best thing I ever did.

GrahamS

Thanks jam bo, it was the experiences of you and others on here that helped me make the decision to do it.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Sorry but that sounds like your criticism is simply down to jealousy.

😆 I am in no way jealous as this is one thing I can never be – jealous. Not in my life. You can have all the cash in the world yet it makes no difference to me.

In fact from a competitive stand point if this turn into full flow compulsory law, UK industry will definitely be digging herself into deeper hole. Does not affect me much …

Why should someone in my situation be put on a zero hour contract when all I want to do is drop a day? There is plenty of work for me to do.

If the company continues to value you then you have no problem but once the company loses their competitive edge then there is such possibility.

😮

aracer
    Free Member

No, not at all:

jam-bo

Thanks jam bo, it was the experiences of you and others on here that helped me make the decision to do it.

bear in mind also, depending on the tax bracket you are in, its not in real terms a 20% paycut, more like 15-16%

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Flexible working hours for all.’ is closed to new replies.