• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by grum.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fleetwith Pike – rideable?
  • grum
    Free Member

Doing the 4 passes route over 2 days with a stopover at Black Sail Pass YH. Yes I know I should be able to do it in a day. 🙂

Thinking about some extras along the way to make each day a bit longer. Push up to Sprinkling Tarn for possible swimming then back the way we came has been suggested.

What about Fleetwith Pike? Heard mixed reports about whether it’s ridable or not. Anyone done it?

Cheers.

d45yth
    Free Member

Is that the one that kind of runs parallel with Whiteless Pike? If so, I’ve got it on good authority that it’s too dodgy/dangerous.

Edit: I’m wrong! I’m sure I’ve done it…I’ll be back when I get my bearings!

scary_carey
    Free Member

No, slight rider error could end in death. Stick to Wharnscale, that’s enough to keep the best riders on their toes.
    The foot path to that runs parallel to Wharnscale is also pretty tasty if you fancy a bit of cheeky 😉

grum
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Did Warnscale the other day and really enjoyed it – about the right level of challenge for me. Any other extras (cheeky or otherwise)?

ahsf
    Free Member

Yes it is rideable and done it a 2 times, many other lakes rides have too, it’s not easy and one or two bits are a walk,personally I think it’s a awesome track.
    If you ride trail centres then yes it is death on a stick, but it’s proper Mountain biking.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks ahsf. How does it compare to Warnscale? Which way up/down are we talking?

stoney
    Free Member

The one that runs kinda parallel with Whiteless is Grassmoor, yes that`s rideable too. Done them all pretty much and on a Hardtail!

d45yth
    Free Member

Good for you, Stoney. 🙄

grum
    Free Member

Any more for any more? I read somewhere on here that there was a good descent off Great Gable?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fleetwith Pike – rideable?’ is closed to new replies.