Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flea stuff for dogs – the stuff that goes on the back of the neck
  • IHN

My sister’s dog, who has lived with me before, has now come to live with me again.

I’m sure that the last time I had him I got some stuff that you squirted on the back of his neck that stopped him getting fleas and prevented worms too. Now I’m looking to get something similar all I can find is stuff that just does fleas.

Am I imagining the stuff I used to get?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

we use advantix, does for fleas and ticks. seperate wormer though…

peteimpreza

We use Stronghold on our cat for fleas and lungworm.

Prescription only from the vet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyl
    Free Member

Just checked the pet meds box. We do sometimes use Frontline spot on but I think the stuff from the vets is different to what you can buy over the counter.

The OH is a vet and she chops and changes through the year along with the cat stuff.

In the box at the moment we have Advocate which looks pretty broad spectrum going on the long list down the side and includes worms. There is also Advantix which looks like it does less but does ticks. Although we now use one of the Bayer tick collars over spring/summer/autumn.

IHN

Advocate, that might have been it.

divenwob
    Free Member

+1 for Advocate,just dont forget to wash your hands!

russianbob
    Free Member

I’ve learnt to chop and change. I’m sure the little **** get used to one type or another. And treat about every 6 weeks which is in line with the flea lifecycle.

We do sometimes use Frontline spot on but I think the stuff from the vets is different to what you can buy over the counter.

A vet told me that you can now get Frontline over the counter rather than only from the vet because it no longer works very well.

But I suppose they would say that.

andyl
    Free Member

to be honest we seem to get on better with the Advocate and Advantix stuff.

footflaps

Ask the Vet what works in your area. Cambridge fleas drink Frontline for kicks, so it has no effect, have to use Advocat.

Milkie
    Free Member

Advocate or Frontline for the dog/cat. Don’t forget to spray your house with Acclaim though, even if you don’t have animals you can still have fleas. 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

This summer, instead of the usual spot on, we used a single chewy pill from the vet that give 4 months protection from fleas and ticks – no issues at all but we may have been OK anyway.
    It was pricey.

CheesybeanZ

Advocate , get a prescription from your vet and buy online , much cheaper .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flea stuff for dogs – the stuff that goes on the back of the neck’ is closed to new replies.