Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • flatroofingtrackworld
  • catsplums
    Free Member

I know this has been done a few times but I am looking for anyone who has used this specific product…
    https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/browse/flat-roofing/coldseal-self-adhesive.html

I am looking to replace a flatroof on my workshop, it joins to the next doors side so has a shared flat roof. Their side is nice and new(ish), my side is totally shot and now leaking badly. I am not going to do torch-on and have had mixed results with the glue on paint stuff before – this looks in principle a good system.
    I will be replacing all the boarding with sterling board then using all the recommended primery prior to application.
    Am I doomed to failure and going to end up with a wrinkly mess up there? Also will the tube of glue make a desent seal to the existing felt on the neighbors section of roofing?

All opinions and comment welcome but obviously ones relating to this with real experience would be ideal 🙂
    Thanks collective.

catsplums
    Free Member

has no one used this stuff at all??

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

EPDM rubber roof is the way to go. Quick, easy and durable

No idea about your stuff

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Just had ours fibre glassed. Not cheap but supposedly the most durable.

catsplums
    Free Member

cool thanks for the input, can either the fiberglass or epdm mate up and seal with an existing felt ok?

nickjb
    Free Member

Fibreglass fan here. Its fairly easy to DIY but messy, smelly work. Once done it’ll be hassle free for a very long time. Not sure how you’d join it to an existing felt roof, though. Ideally you wouldn’t have a join, just finish each roof with a small upstand then cap it. There’s loads of pre-made fibreglass profiles so maybe something will do the job.

spooky_b329

Just had my garage redone with composite/insulated profiled metal sheets.

Gloss white inner sheet that makes it bright inside, kingspan style foam, and then grey outside sheet. I asked for an extra 1×5 metre panel for a lean-to and the ‘cash’ price was just £169. Makes more sense if you are replacing the timber deck as its not needed, just sits on the joists and they can be further apart.

Looked very simple to install, delivered cut to size, lay on joists and screw down, flashing kit against the house wall, big L shaped profiles to cover the edge and onto the brickwork.

http://www.steelroofing.co.uk/composite-insulated-roofing-and-wall-cladding/

mrmo
    Free Member

that is Kingspan,

http://www.kingspanpanels.co.uk/panels/products/insulated-roof-panels/trapezoidal-rw/

only thing to watch is how much moisture you have inside the building. The internal liner isn’t the most durable, it doesn’t need to be. What can happen is that timber joists get wet and trap moisture against the steel liner which then rots.

Not hard to install, harder to do it well though,

TheBrick
    Free Member

Looks similar to some self adhesive stuff I’ve used before for a repair. The stuff I used was not difficult and sealed ok. It was a bit of a bodge repair on my parents old house. Lasted fine for a few year but they have since moved so I do not know what it is like now.

Why are you not considering torch on? Its not bad to use and IMO a better solution.

catsplums
    Free Member

To be honest I didn’t want to set and thing on fire or risk damage to my neighbors property / roof. For the fibreglass or other materials I would need to make a secure seal to the existing felt of my neighbors side mid roof without disturbing what is there – I can only visualise overlap and glue scenario for this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘flatroofingtrackworld’ is closed to new replies.