• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by GW.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • flat pedels and shoes
  • ben10
    Free Member

hi all im looking for some new flat pedels and shoes only got about £100 to spend but dont know with to go for theres to much choice out there pedels need to nice and wide as my leg and foot are on the piss after a bad acedent some years back

jedi

cheap skateshoes/bmx shoes + nukeproof/superstar/premium pedals

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I was going to say something…

… but then I saw it was Jedi. So I guess the thread is done now 😆

grum
    Free Member

Skate shoes + Superstar pedals +1

I really like my Nano Tech flats. There are cheaper versions of the same thing in black only but I can never remember where you get them from. Cheap skate shoes from TK Maxx work well too.

grum
    Free Member

Double post 😡

organdonor
    Free Member

I really like my Nano Tech flats. There are cheaper versions of the same thing in black only but I can never remember where you get them from.

cheap but out of stock at mo(carboncycles)

jedi

im using premium bmx pedals at the mo. my nukeproffs lasted 6months before dying

bigblackshed

Wellgo mag pedals. Essentially slim (as in height) V8s. About £40 last time I bought some. And a tidy pair of Vans from TK Maxx.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Some £55 5.10 freerider shoes (think it was flow bikes that were selling them cheep, google might know?)

Any pedals, preferably thin, with a big platform and good pins. Not (IMO) wellgo mags or V8’s, things have moved on in pedal design. I’d probably stretch the budget slightly and get DMR Vaults.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Where can I get some five tens for £55?

honourablegeorge

Five Tens from below, and the black flats from carboncycles.cc – 100 quid, and you’ll struggle to get better for twice the money

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=63950

GW
    Free Member

Not 5:10s

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    GW
    Free Member

white or purple?

hmm… nice 😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Alternatively blow the budget completely and get these, I had some MK2’s, they pay for themselves by outlasting just about anything else multiple times over, and the grip’s stupid!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170806332777?hlp=false

[edit] just seen GW’s post, the only reason not to get them is ‘too much grip’ (if you believe such a thing exists). I actually sprained my ankle when my foot didn’t move from the pedal when it hit a tree stump on the apex of a corner!

GW
    Free Member

it’s not the only reason at all.

no longer being able to slide your feet to reposition them, not enough feedback through the soles, poor construction, acting like sponges in the wet and being ugly as **** are a few more.

messiah
    Free Member

DMR Vaults, the huge platform makes the shoe pretty unimportant. Cheap Airwalks from TK-Max / Matalan?

Wookster

Yep vans and dmr’s here!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no longer being able to slide your feet to reposition them,

balanced against never sliding off the pedals every again, I’ve never felt the need to slide my feet arround to re-position them anyway, just get it right first time (although that did take some getting used to after ‘normal’ skate shoes.

not enough feedback through the soles,

Can’t say i found any difference to my old Vans or Element shoes.

poor construction, acting like sponges in the wet

Seems sorted now, stiched on soles and the midsole and insole are both rubber/plastic so no more cardboard.

and being ugly as **** are a few more.

Look just like any other skate shoe.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Also consider Kona WahWah pedals, from the same place as Superstar Nano/Nukeproof etc and on sale in some places. Got mine for £30ish new on ebay 😀

I also recommend 5tens, they’re comfy, grippy and clean up pretty well after a mud fest. I have the newer stitched freeriders.

GW
    Free Member

balanced against never sliding off the pedals every again, I’ve never felt the need to slide my feet arround to re-position them anyway, just get it right first time.

How extremely closed-minded 😕 One position cannot always be correct on flats, same as your hands on the grips.

Can’t say i found any difference to my old Vans or Element shoes.

from your last comment I can see how that might be the case.

Look just like any other skate shoe.

None I’d be seen dead in.. do you buy your Skate shoes at TK maxx with price being the deciding factor?

grum
    Free Member

None I’d be seen dead in.

How extremely closed-minded. Didn’t realise mountain biking was a fashion show. 😉

GW
    Free Member

mountainbiking isn’t.

Life is 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘flat pedels and shoes’ is closed to new replies.