Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flat pedals that don't rip your legs to pieces?
  • markmck
    Free Member

I’m currently using Race Face Aeffect pedals but they seem to be slowly destroying my legs either when I fall of or when I’m pushing and don’t pay enough attention.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a flat pedal that is still grippy but doesn’t have quite as deadly pins?

honourablegeorge

Less deadly pins = your foot slips off more, your shin suffers

Stevet1
    Free Member

Brooklyn shin burgers.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

This. Much like a blunt knife is more likely to hurt you, the safest thing is very grippy pedals and good shoes. If you do catch your shin it’ll hurt, but it’s much less likely.
    If it’s just when crashing and pushing then a combination of riding better 😉 and paying more attention should see you right…

orangespyderman

This if it happens when you ride. Get bigger gnarlier pins. If it happens when you’re pushing I’m not entirely sure anything other than shin guards can help you…

Or, of course, get the gnarliest pins you can find and just MTFU 😆

dryroasted
    Free Member

maybe you should use spd

tinribz
    Free Member

Tried some cheapo £3 on-one plastic pedals for the commuter, they actually grip way better than I expected. And they really do glow in the dark!

kayak23

Maybe this is a good time to mention my invention….

So, what it is, is, your pedal is fully enclosed in stealth rubber, completely harmless to the shins.
    The pins (here is the genius bit) are in the shoes…

Granted, not great for walking on your nice parquet floor, but otherwise genius I think you’ll agree.

PayPal gift is fine folks 8)

spawnofyorkshire

@kayak
    bin dun

or at least 50% of your idea

joshvegas
    Free Member

Push your bike from the saddle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals that don't rip your legs to pieces?’ is closed to new replies.