Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Flat pedals Superstar or others ?
  • joeyj
    Free Member

Looking to purchase some new flats have previously had Superstar Nano Tech flats and found them really good especially for the price. Are there any others which are as good for grip and comfort any suggestions would be welcome

Lummox

Got the superstars and yes they’re great compared to previous flats I’ve tried. Avoid the white though as the paint suffers if you bash them.

Lummox

Got the superstars and yes they’re great compared to previous flats I’ve tried. Avoid the white though as the paint suffers if you bash them.

martymac

i cant comment on grip compared to other brands, but i have a pair of dmr v8 pedals, which i greased and correctly adjusted when new, and they still run like new 2 years later.
    and i am a big bloke, previously 23 stone.
    my wife now also uses v8s, and the first thing she said was ‘wow they are really grippy’, which surprised me, she normally says ‘fine’ as a stock answer to any kit related question.
    thats my 2p anyway bro.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m sticking with my Superstar ones because they’re so cheap. Mine are looking pretty beat up but thy still have all of the pins in them. I figure for forty quid, I can change them every few years.

joeyj
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies any other decent options that you would recommend

fakesounding
    Free Member

I much prefer the Shimano Saint flats to the Superstar. Merlin/ CRC etc do them for £45-ish

andybanks
    Free Member

For the money you can’t do better than these – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16097

jedi

i got some plastic nukeproof neutrons

mandog

Superstar Nano here. Have both the grub screw and the bolt through pin options. Prefer the grub screw version as pins slightly longer. Had DMR V8s before but much prefer the Nanos as bigger platform and more grippy. Teh awesome.

Mugboo

Are the plaggy Nukeproofs any good? Or too early to tell.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just bought some wellgo MG1’s for £26 off an ebay shop, nof fassionably thin but they’re for the missus bike so a matching red colour was more important!

bigbloke
    Free Member

These are exactly the same as superstar nanos but cheaper, got 2 sets faultless…….

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

edward2000
    Free Member

What big bloke says. I have a pair of the carbon cycles and the superstars and they are identical in every way apart from the logos.

joeyj
    Free Member

Thanks all will have a look at the different options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals Superstar or others ?’ is closed to new replies.