Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Flat Pedals
  • plinds71
    Free Member

Hi, first post on here, hope I’m in the right place, I searched “pedals” and only got ads, so fingers crossed.

Has anyone who uses V12’s ridden DMR Vault pedals? I need some new pedals for my HT, today I demolished a pair of pedals from another brand second set!, I like the low profile thing but hate the riding home on the axle thing!

I’ve bought at least 4 sets of V12’s that are all going strong on bikes I’ve, some V8’s too, is it worth the extra for Vaults?

sambob
    Free Member

They are stupid grippy, even in DC skate shoes, never mind proper riding shoes.

acidchunks

had a play on a mate’s bike with vaults. amazing pedal but couldn’t justify the cost myself so upgraded from v8 to v12 which I’m more than happy with.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

huggggggellllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than V8’s and V12’s.

honourablegeorge

Vaults are the best pedal I’ve used.

Northwind

They’re nice, but IMO a bit too expensive compared with the Nanos- unless you really want the extra size, there’s not much to seperate them. Miles better than the V12s were, but then, so is every other decent pedal.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Try the new Shimano Saint pedals. Really grippy and not too expensive either!

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, went from V12s to Vaults. Grippier, thinner, more stable and lighter too I believe!

munkyboy
    Free Member

Prefer nanos to vaults and half the price

fourbanger
    Free Member

Big-S DX for me.

coastkid
    Free Member

4 pairs of Superstar Nano pedals on bikes and a pair has done nearly 2 years riding on the beach with a few submersions in salf water and still fine so can vouch for them being well sealed 🙂

plinds71
    Free Member

Wow, thanks! Are Vaults’s as reliable as V12’s though? Blown up Superstar Nano’s, but the warranty and back up was so good I bought wheels from them. Not so good when you are in the middle o’ nowhere.

Davesport

I’ve never contemplated V8’s as lacking grip. Ergo, why “upgrade” to something that costs 4 times as much 😯 Vaults feel different under-foot but for 80 brick you’d expect that wouldn’t you ? I’ve got a set of V8 grease-ports that are still intact after 15 years of service including several immersions in sea water. So to answer your question about “upgrading” to Vaults, the answer IMO is no !

D.

mildred

I’m using these for a couple of years now and they’ve been bullet proof:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52880

plinds71
    Free Member

Thanks, V8’s it is then. I always liked them for BMX because the leading edges were reinforced compared to Shimano pedals, so they stood up to being hit off ledges and stuff, I’ve battered my V12’s off rocks so the same works.

plinds71
    Free Member

Cheers BTW, glad I asked here. Is there a trail riders type bit then, I always assumed STW was for clipped in folks? Each to their own and that, it’s all just mountainbiking.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.