Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Flat pedal trainers under £50
  • astura
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any decent flat pedal mtb trainers for under £50? The cheaper the better (waterproof or waterproofish would be great)

jekkyl

Take thyself to sports direct! Waterproof a cheapo pair.

astura
    Free Member

Karrimor then 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

I know you said 50 and 70 is more than 50 but CRC have 5.10 Freerider Elements for 70. In these circumstances, if it was me, 70 would be about 50.

ton

the five ten boots on the left. £50 delivered if you are a size 12

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TqvVvy]2017-04-02_01-52-58[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

astura
    Free Member

Im an 11 🙁

ton

Im an 11

perfect with some wool socks then.

duncancallum

I’m a 10 but wear 11s in 510s as with proper socks they fit well

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Buy tons boots, wear 2 pairs of socks.

Sorted.

Kamakazie

Those Adidas shoes have a traxion sole which is not the 5.10 stealth rubber.
    Heard decent things about the newer traxion stuff though so might be worth a punt.

astura
    Free Member

Those adidas look nice, iv just been on the Five Ten website and it looks like there selling some Shoes cheap, older models but starting from £50

alexpalacefan

5:10s come up small.I wear at least a size larger.
    Buy Ton’s boots.

APF

astura
    Free Member

lol, I had loads of 5:10s in the past and iv always been a since 11. I suppose I could always shove a few fruit pastilles at the end to take up the space

joebristol

I bought 5.10 elements for £70 from Evans a while back. Pleased with my choice – on a recent uplift day I was the only one with dry feet at thre end and they didn’t slip all day.

Priously I was using flat skate type shows from sports direct that cost just under £20. In fairness they did keep my feet pretty dry, gripped ok and looked alright. However the sole was very thin so your foot could get tired over long runs all day (e.g. Uplift at BPW) and the sole ripped up pretty quickly with decent flat pedals with metal pins.

5.10s better with the thicker / stiffer sole and they grip very very well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal trainers under £50’ is closed to new replies.