Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Flat pedal suggestions
  • mdb
    Free Member

I'm currently running DMR V8's but finding they hurt a bit, especially on longer rides or bigger drops etc.

I think i probably need a wider platform, so what's good?

I wear Vans if that's of any relevance.

MrAgreeable

Go in your mum's purse, nick 90 quid and get some Straitlines. 🙂

richc
    Free Member

do a search this has been covered a lot

Hairychested
    Free Member

Recently I bought some Burgtecs off ebay, plenty of grip and big platform. Apart from those, Shimano DX with long pins are good too. I dislike DMRs as their pins are rather fat. Horses for courses.

jackal
    Free Member

straitlines.
    penthouse flats.

dmr v8/12's are a really small thick platform, very old fashioned, u'll notice a world of difference going to a bigger platform.

🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Save yourself a shed load of dosh. Using two sets, one over three years old and and never been taken apart and still working perfectly.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199

jackal
    Free Member

Yep those wellgo's look a decent shape, bit of a bargain if they last.

One other thing that might help, i've ridden in skate style shoes for years (vans, etnies, dc's etc) now the sole soles on these aren't very rigid.
    I started using some shimano am40's and noticed a huge improvement as the soles are alot more rigid and the pedals won't hurt your foot as much.

So, i'd say get some new shoes (am40's or five tens) to go with your new pedals, and u'll also benefit from the extra grip the soles provide.

🙂

fingerbike
    Free Member

Second the stiffer sole, used to always wear vans and got the same thing, now on 5 10s and dont have any problems…
    Pedals, had Wellgo B25 for about 6 years now, never serviced, spin perfectly, never lost a pin…

scruff
    Free Member

Wellgos on both my bikes. Smashed the cr4p out of em in the Alps but only a few surface scratches, all pins intact.

richc
    Free Member

I have some of those wellgo's and they are very thick, heavy and now click on every rotation where the bearings are shagged after 3 to 4 months light use.

May'be I was unlucky, but to me them seem to be buy cheap, buy twice.

coogan
    Free Member

Hmmm, know a few folk who use them and have had no problems. Mine have been thumped and bumped about on uplift days, Canada and The Alps and are still schweet!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal suggestions’ is closed to new replies.