Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Flat Pedal Riders – What Boots do You Wear in Winter?
  • BigJohn

I’ve got an old pair of waterproof walking boots where the sole is well and truly worn, but my feet still squirm around on the pedals more than I’d like.

My Shimano MP90s let water in like crazy so even with waterproof socks I’m still going to get cold feet, and the soles will be rubbish gripping the ground on the slippery bits you often have to push up when singlespeeding in winter.

I know exactly what I’d like – Shimano MT91s but with a patch of Stealth type sole in the middle, keeping the knobbly bits front and back. Maybe I could get a local shoe repair man to do this for me. What do you think.

Surely there must be a market for this kind of thing. I’ve been looking all over and all you can get is walking boots or SPD boots. Do people who ride flatties only ride in summer?

mikey74
    Free Member

Five-Ten Karvers

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I wear my 5-10 Freeriders all year. Bought them a size too big to take plenty of sockage. If it’s below freezing liner sock + walking sock + Sealskinz. It doesn’t matter about your feet getting wet as long as they stay warm

mikey74
    Free Member

I should add: I often wear Seal Skinz light merino w/p socks with my Five-tens and never had cold, or wet, feet.

dizcostix
    Free Member

Five Ten Impacts, with sports socks have always been warm enough for me. Just keep riding.

End of ride – towel dry feet* and stick the flip flops on.

*Not required in summer 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

5.10 and sealskinz socks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Flat Pedal Riders – What Boots do You Wear in Winter?’ is closed to new replies.