Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Flat pedal recommendations please. light & cheap would be nice
  • jecca
    Free Member

as title. i have no spare pedals left in my shed. i best buy some ;0
    what’s out there. light and not too pricey

thenorthwind

I’ve got two pairs of Nukeproof Electrons now.

orangespyderman

I’ve got two pairs of Nano-X now

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 pairs of burgtecs now.

iainc

i bought 2 pairs of DMR plastics this week

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gave up on spuds Iain?

iainc

^^^ nah, 2 new bikes in the last 10 days for the weans…..

I’m too set in my ways…probably… 🙂

jecca
    Free Member

them nukeproof plastics are looking like they fit the bill

might give them a go. thanks.

scc999

Or the Superstar versions.

chakaping
    Free Member

These are the mofos you need…
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/?product_code=CC-PED07F

sharkattack

I’ve got some of those plastic DMR’s on my jump bike. Never gave them a second thought but I actually really like them.

dougieb
    Free Member

Following on from this thread – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/those-cheap-14-electron-ish-type-plastic-pedals-arrived-todaypics, I decided to pay £12.67 to see if they were any good. I’ve run various alloy flats before (Kona wah wah, Superstar Nano’s etc) and have to say for the price these plastic/nylon pedals are fantastic. At the price, they are pretty much disposable (despite being serviceable).

Markie
    Free Member

Ignoring all you said because prosecco, Burgtec Penthouse Mk1s. Neither light nor cheap, but will last forever!

leffeboy

Nuke proof electrons are rather fine

Northwind

The Nukeproof Horizon plastics are awesome imo- light, grippy, strong enough (not bombproof but bombproof costs gramz).

The electron is a bit cheaper but smaller and has miles less grip- I retired mine to my commuter and tbh they didn’t last that long though maybe that’s just scottish winter being a dick. Not terrible, and great value, but not awesome imo

Bagstard
    Free Member

Plastic pedals are great, you can bash them off rocks and not care a damn, but it pains me every time my expensive metal pedals hit a rock.

joebristol

Another vote for the alloy pedals on the carbon cycles site. They weren’t that expensive but look really expensive when hey come out the packet. Been using them for a few months now and they are still smooth / don’t look any worse for wear and have survived some vigorous rock strikes with no loss of pins / damage. They are thinner than they look on the website pictures which is nice and are the best flats I’ve ever used.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&c=84&p=940&tb=001#top

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    The Nukeproof Horizon plastics are awesome imo- light, grippy, strong enough (not bombproof but bombproof costs gramz).

Seconded

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Huge Burgtec fan here.

asbrooks

Superstar are doing a 20% off today. Use AUGBH2017 on checkout.

dingabell
    Free Member

dingabell
    Free Member

I like Wellgo MG1’s. Light and comfortable and pretty cheap.
    Tried superstar nano’s and Nukeproof Electrons and found them too flat under my foot.
    Mate found the same thing too.

edhornby

I’ve got a set of the plastic ones from wiggle on the way, fancied a change from clipped in so will report back….

joebristol

Wellgo mg-1’s are pretty good for the money and very light. I loved them until I got my 5-10’s, then they felt a bit too narrow on the width front.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Nukeproof Electrons on all my bikes.

lotto
    Free Member

Straitline DeFacto pedals have earned a reputation for being able to take a beating & keep on going. So simple they can be rebuilt in under 10 minutes with nothing more than a screwdriver.
    I’m a fan of Hope too. I’d like to try some Burgtec as they pick up some great reviews too.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Wellgo C162s can be had for ~£30, 225g for the pair.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal recommendations please. light & cheap would be nice’ is closed to new replies.