Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • flat pedal over shoes
  • coconut
    Free Member

Anyone tried these Altura over shoes for rain and muddy winter days ? Says suitable to “mountain bike flat pedals”… surely flat pedals with pins will shred the bottom buckle and front pretty quickly ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Altura-Attack-Neoprene-Overshoes-MTB-SPD-Flat-Pedal-RRP-34-99-/142139720739?var=&hash=item2118300423:m:mpVWIS6vbNrl4gzzwT5U0_w

Onzadog
    Free Member

Great idea but the strap is in the wrong place for me.

Kahurangi

The ball of the foot is clear, but I reckon the buckle might be a touch too far forward for many people and their pedals.

Also, my experience with similar overshoes (the old MT500s) was that the toe of the overshoe would get pulled up and off the shoe at the slightest hint of a walk/push/dab.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Are you f…n serious? They’re flat pedals! Wear waterproof shoes or boots. You aint Danny Macaskill are ya?

Northwind

Super pro look- wrap clingfilm round your feet.It’ll quickly tear up on the bottom, but it doesn’t impair grip and it’ll (mostly) stay in place on top.

martinkiely
    Free Member

A mate of mine uses these and swears by them, and he always rides on flats – says they’re a bit heavy, but very effective! I ride on flats, but just use cheap Decathlon overshoes on my 5.10’s and chuck them when they die! The Altura ones are on offer a Cyclestore at the moment too…. 🙂

martinkiely
    Free Member

Double post!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘flat pedal over shoes’ is closed to new replies.