Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Flat (ish) pedals?
  • Badger
    Free Member

I’m planning for riding out in Whistler.
    Most of it will be with clipped pedals (eggbeaters) as I’m happier that way.

But I was thinking of getting some flats to use for the north shore sillyness etc. and I’m after some suggestions.

My criteria are:
    1. No terror pins (I hate them and the mess they make of your shins – and I’m not going to be wearing shin guards).
    2. fairly cheap – they may not get many outings after Whistler.

As use egg beaters at the moment I wondered if the candy’s are OK with normal shoes as flats?

Any advice or suggestions welcome.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Not even some SMALL pins?? I find flats without pins as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot and more than a little nerve-wracking

matthew_h
    Free Member

Wellgo MG-1s from eBay. About £20 or so. I’ve been running mine for 6 months and although the anodizing is wearing off they still work great and gave taken a battering with no I’ll effects at all. Weigh nowt too

richc
    Free Member

ironically, pedals without pins will make more of a mess of your shins that ones with as your feet will slip off them and you will smack your shins into the pedals.

Superstar Nano pedals are very good, as they are light, thin, grippy and not too expensive.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

BMX plastic pedals

Light and grippy in the dry. A lot of BMXers are using plastc pedals now to save weight and shins!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Flat (ish) pedals?’ is closed to new replies.