Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Flat bar Road bike, what's good atm
  • firestarter
    Free Member

After a flat bar Road bike must have discs and guard mounts. Also desirable to have front lowrider pannier mounts but if not definitely needs a rear rack. Clearances maybe 35mm even 40 could be nice but certainly not essential

I don’t need a 29er really definitely more of a road bias required

Looked at tripster ace but sizing seems a bit odd and I’m bang on advised top of 54 bottom of 57 so confused there too

And a marin fairfax could work

What else is out there budget probably 6-800

jekkyl

buy a road bike and change the bar and shifters and brakes!

ton

a shand fitted with flat bars. why on earth would anyone want anything else?

lunge

After a flat bar Road bike must have discs and guard mounts. Also desirable to have front lowrider pannier mounts but if not definitely needs a rear rack

May I politely suggest that you’re not looking for a road bike, you’re looking for a hybrid? Or a tourer?

ton

or just put some narrower tyres on your shand?

but god knows why you would want to do that.

simondbarnes

Specialized Sirrus Sport

CraigW
    Free Member

Ridgeback have some pretty decent hybrids. eg Flight 02, for £800.

firestarter
    Free Member

Tough crowd lol

OK maybe I should say a hybrid then but more Road orientated than not

Not buying a roadbike then swapping bits as not worth it

And Tony shand will be gone by this afternoon I’m afraid mate

dai3015
    Free Member

I’ve got a GT Grade FB (flat bar NOT Fat B……!) with a Sora set – I’ve put a pair of bar ends on and find it ideal.
    I had a Voodoo Marasa before which was also great, especially for the price, but the Grade really is a step up and as it uses the same frame as the drop gravel bike it would be easy to change if I wanted to (which I don’t as I really like the flat bars)

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers all gone for a boardman hybrid in the end 10 percent off black Friday, 12 percent quidco bf cashback and 10 percent bc discount when I pick up. Bargain 🙂

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Giant Rapid?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Flat bar Road bike, what's good atm’ is closed to new replies.