Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Flasks
  • scratch
    Free Member

I need something for winter camping, good enough to hold a brew hot overnight so I can have a hot cuppa first thing in the morning.

Hold a pint or so? heard Vaude may be worth a look, any others?

Kuco

Never used Vaude but use a Stanley for work and it does it's job suggest keep away from Blacks own brand utter crap ime.

deus

the Thermos thermax ones seem to be good for keeping the heat in.

i'm sure i saw a double vacuum thermos flask but i just can't remember where.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I've had my Aladdin Adventure for about 18 years. I use it every day,keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.

cinnamon_girl

Zojirushi (sp?) are the bling of the flask world apparently. They can occasionally be found in T K Maxx. I was on a search for the perfect flask but ended up buying a lot of rubbish ones along the way.

Have been happy with my Zojirushi cos it keeps my coffee hotter than anything else.

scratch
    Free Member

Thanks for the response, I found an old TGO mag in a bothy a while ago. rated a load of flasks over time used, wish I ripped the page out now!

user-removed
    Free Member

Dagnabbit – every time I come on here, I find something else to spend money on – just bought a Zojirushi flask from thediningstore.co.uk

Just over £30 inc postage. I too, have run the gauntlet of sh1t flasks for way too long………

Kuco

One reason I went for the Stanley is that it had a normal screw lid not one of those push button jobbies that always seem to go wrong.

cinnamon_girl

user-removed – I can't believe you paid that 😯 For a half litre one in T K Maxx, it was about £9! And it's in racing green 🙄

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – my last one was / is a Gelert with a funky blue 70s circle pattern. I bought it for its screw top stopper – all the push button ones I've used leak horribly as soon as they are off vertical.

EDIT: @ CG – ah well, hopefully it'll be cash well (over)spent. It was the cheapest I could find it online. And there's always spraypaint 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Agreed – push button ones are rubbish!

Mind you, I have a cheap dinky little Tesco one that holds .3 litre which is ideal for a slurp and it's a screw top.

user-removed
    Free Member

The only problem I have with screw tops is that I tend to overtighten them – eventually, they just spin. I tighten it to the point where it's going to keep the liquid in, and suddenly *POP* and the thread's loosened off.

Same thing eventually happened to my two little cup-flask-things – each of them were about £11 from Ellis Brigham!

cinnamon_girl

user-removed – it was only by chance that I read about recommendations for Zojirushi. Was replacing an ancient flask (Aladdin) that had been brilliant and sadly couldn't be bought anymore.

Rather depresssing to think that before too long a flask will be an essential bit of kit 🙁

user-removed
    Free Member

Winter's the best time for cycling – no sweat! I do have and use, an Alladin food flask. Tried it with coffee and ended up with soggy sandwiches, camera and tools….

Kuco

IIRC stanley do a lifetime warranty or 25 year one of them. Bloke at work must of done the same as you user-removed e-mailed them and got a new stopper through the post FOC.

cinnamon_girl

Do you not put them inside a plastic bag? Or two plastic bags?

You can't beat a decent flask of coffee on a freezing cold day huddled in a wood 8)

user-removed
    Free Member

Agree – and it makes a stop feel like a proper break. It's a bit dismal stopping and forlornly sipping away at a camelbak valve!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have got a metal one with a push button top and it is great. Hot coffee in one morning, hot coffee out the next. Not certain of the make but think it is Thermos

Muke
    Free Member

Aladdin Challenger

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Flasks’ is closed to new replies.