Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Flashforward – No second series – Anyone feel cheated?
  • letmetalktomark

Bollox.

First series I get into for a long time….. Finish the season only to find that they are not making a second series 👿

Don't usually get passionate about TV but someone in the USA owes me about 22hrs of my life back 😆 😆 😆

Kieran

Its only a tv program.

But yes, I'm a bit curious as to why it hasn't got a second series. Thought it was pretty good. Can only presume that the huge break in the middle meant that a lot of people didn't pick it back up once it started again and low ratings have meant its dropped.

ruminant
    Free Member

Mate I was gutted when I heard they'd canned it.

Americans for you, keep the sh%t remake (V) that's getting poor reviews and bin the successful show

and they left open for the second with no **** answers grrrrrrr!

johnners
    Free Member

Flashforward – No second series – Anyone feel cheated?(

No, I saw that coming…

vinnyeh

Haven't seen the final episode yet, so not sure what happens, but the novel this was loosely based on gives some pretty good background explanations of what is happening/going to happen, although the storyline is substantially different.
    The cancellation was only announced publicly in mid-May, so presumably the ending had to be left open since the writers wouldn't have known for sure what was going to happen. unresolved endings are quite common in American shows like this on the big networks, where the ratings are marginal.

Flaperon

It diverged so far from an (IMHO) excellent novel it's not surprising it was canned.

However, huge mid-season breaks don't work in the UK and I reckon that everyone forgot what had happened by the time it restarted. It's an American thing, don't know why they do it. You wouldn't put a book down for 3 months when you're half way through, so why do the same thing with TV?

Speshpaul

No, i've had to sit through it as the other half liked it.
    I dodn't mind a bit of sifi but that was full of holes…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm still disappointed they never showed Hereward the Wake (1965) again 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

However, huge mid-season breaks don't work in the UK and I reckon that everyone forgot what had happened by the time it restarted.

I thought it WAS a second series and so I didn't bother watching it until I could see the end of the first series. What a farce.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Missed the first half of the series but joined it after the "catch up" episode. Looked quite watchable from that. Thought it was quite good for the first few episodes of the new bit but then it just started to feel likeit was being strung out for the sake of it. Random new information and arrivals to the story all made it feel like something that was gearing up to be a long running series rather than concentrating on a decent storyline. It was ok to watch but I'm not that bothered it will not run into a second series. Only disappointment will be getting to the end of series 1 and not really knowing much more than when we started out. Prefer the Good Wife although, again, that has flaws in it. At least each episode is pretty much self contained.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I watched it because there was no second series …who wants to watch lost string something tenous out for ever or Prison Break where they escape and end up in Prison again or yet another 24 hours…plenty more examples I am sure of a good series /idea being flogged to death for money [Matrix :roll:]
    The ending was cr@p that was more of an issue for me. At least in te UK series tend to go out at their peak.

donks
    Free Member

I got drawn into the bloody thing after i told myself that i wouldn't get involved in these American things any more and yes I feel proper cheeted…what a load of pish.

letmetalktomark

donks – Member

I got drawn into the bloody thing after i told myself that i wouldn't get involved in these American things any more and yes I feel proper cheeted…what a load of pish.

Similar feeling.

I watched the first two seasons of Lost when it was on Channel 4 then stopped when it went to Sky One as I don't have anything more than freeview.

Still one hell of a box set to work through when it finishes! 😆

letmetalktomark

Just had a look on iTunes…..How much a series for Lost 😯

SST
    Free Member

We've been watching FF and really got into it. I will miss it when it's gone 🙁

jonb
    Free Member

What's the book*?

In someways I'm glad they're not making a second series. Means it won't go the way of so many others where they drag it out until they kill it. There's only so long you can keep going with a story like that.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Did anyone watch Invasion? Class series that got axed right on a cliffhanger.

Hohum
    Free Member

ElectricRussell – Member
    Did anyone watch Invasion? Class series that got axed right on a cliffhanger.

I was just about to mention that show.

I really liked it.

The park ranger's lady was top totty as well. Didn't she get shot and then re-born by one of those aliens?

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

So what happens now? We just make up our own ending???

monkey_boy
    Free Member

it died a death…. i enjoyed it but they cant really make another series.

V is ok, watchable….

prison break was a piss take how long that went on for, series 3 + was a total joke.

ah well

CountZero

Got bored by the third episode and dropped it. There's been loads of good series dropped by US tv channels because the viewing figures don't match up to what the advertisers want. HBO don't worry about advertisers so their series can keep going. Farscape, Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me are all series that ended too early for my liking.

SST
    Free Member

Flash Forward plus , Farscape, Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me are all series that ended too early for my liking

and yet eastenders just goes on and on . . . .

🙂

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I quite liked Flash Forward but I'm kind of glad it finished when it did. If it had run onto a second series it would have ended up going on for years and become tedious. I tried sticking with Heroes but come the third series it all seemed a bit dull and repetitive. The problem with American series is if they are good enough to attract a large audience the advertising revenue encourages the networks to keep flogging what can rapidly become a dead horse and after a while it starts to stink…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Flashforward – No second series – Anyone feel cheated?’ is closed to new replies.