Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Flash on a Windows CE netbook
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Son got bought a cheapie netbook for his birthday, and I’ve discovered that most of his websites need Flash to work properly – which his Windows CE machine doesn’t seem to have.

Anyone out there guide me towards how to get flash onto his netbook and then he doesn’t need to hog my laptop.

Cougar

Windows CE? Really? What did you get?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

You sound surprised Cougar, it is called an Allfine, and it was stupidly cheap from TJ Hughes – was bought for 10 year old son so didn’t want to put him in the position of looking after/damaging something much more expensive.

Just turned it on, and as it boots up it shows a “Welcome to Windows CE”, so unless I have a totally knocked off machine then AFAIK the OS is Windows CE.

retro83
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe – Member

You sound surprised Cougar, it is called an Allfine, and it was stupidly cheap from TJ Hughes – was bought for 10 year old son so didn’t want to put him in the position of looking after/damaging something much more expensive.

Just turned it on, and as it boots up it shows a “Welcome to Windows CE”, so unless I have a totally knocked off machine then AFAIK the OS is Windows CE.

Which version of CE is it?

Apparently it is something that can be enabled when the CE image is built. I haven’t found anywhere you can simply download a plugin file to drop into it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Flash on a Windows CE netbook’ is closed to new replies.