Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Flanders Sportive 2017
  • slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Morning all. Entries for this open this morning. I’ve paid and ‘registered’. I know a fair few on here have done this previously so can anyone who has tell me what happens now? I’ve had the confirmation email saying I’m registered and they’ve taken my cash. The next step is apparently this:

Event participation confirmation
    Right before the event you will receive a personal confirmation email containing information on your personal participation in the event.

I’m sure something’s lost in translation but surely they can’t wait til right before the event to confirm I’m participating? I’m thinking I’m in (mate has same email) but can anyone shed any light on this?

Ta

palmer77
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

leffeboy

Event participation confirmation
    Right before the event you will receive a personal confirmation email containing information on your personal participation in the event.

That’s normally the last step I think. You normally get a confirmation of registration and confirmation of payment. I think the last bit just contains details of where to go and how to check in as that might change towards the end.

Resisting signing up at the moment but might not resist for long

edit: yep, here you go from last year “All other participants can pick up their number on the spot. One week before the event they will receive their number by email. With this number they can pick up their tag at the preregistration booth. In case you did not receive this email, you can also find your personal number on the list of registrations on the website, one week before the event. Do check our website http://www.rondevanvlaanderen.com and Facebook page for the latest news.”

So, that last email is just your number and where to pick up your stuff

Enjoy :). Remember to work out the Flemish for ‘out of the way’ to get up the climbs and if that doesn’t work then ‘strava’ is the same in all languages 🙂

warton
    Free Member

I’ll get to do this again one day. incredible weekend. really close to Northern France as well, if you get over on the Friday you can do some of Paris Roubaix.

the Muur is back in this year isn’t it?

leffeboy

muur van geraardsbergen is apparently back in. That should be chaos for the sportiv as the road is tiny 🙂

tiim
    Free Member

That should be chaos for the sportiv as the road is tiny

It wasn’t terrible back in 2009 when I did it and it was in, it was late enough on that the packs had thinned out, it is also a (relatively) long climb with the bit in town helping sort it out too so by the cobbles/narrow bit was single/double file

Mister-P
    Free Member

There’s 4 of us going over and have already got the hotel and Eurostar booked. All I need to do now is keep the legs going over winter rather than panic riding a week before the event like this year.

dovebiker

The Koppenberg creates far more of a choke point because lots of riders on the shorter route can’t ride up it and mud from walkers gets smeared over the stones making it worse. The Muur has a longer run-in from the bottom of the town and is considerably wider since the stones were relaid about 2002 – before only the inside was ridable, hence many fierce attacks. The Sportive Route is now ‘only’ 230km – one year it went all the way to DePanne, got detoured the wrong way and it was over 300km by the finish, plus it was windy and raining – slept well that night!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks all. A few of us went as spectators last year and since then I’ve been itching to do it. The few Kwaremonts in the square afterwards will be savoured.

Kryton57

The few Kwaremonts in the square afterwards will be savoured.

You can’t have it without chips & mayo.

Love it last year, even the random sprint leadout, coming in at somethng like 11,354335 place.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Anyone know exactly where the start is in Antwerp? Just want to book a hotel close by.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

They can bus you from Oudenaarde to the start so you finish at your accommodation that way I think.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Bus goes too early for me. I’m driving to the finish (Ninove), getting the train to Antwerp with bike, doing the ride, and driving home. They do a free baggage transfer from Antwerp to the finish too. Find this way much easier for me.

sarpullido
    Free Member

I’ve registered for the long one and don’t even have a bike for this. In the process of building one.

tomvet

Just signed up for the 230km route, where has the best atmosphere to stay, Oudenaarde or Ghent, we wanted to be at the finnish and somewhere with screens to watch the pro race and Belgian beer, lots of beer

plop_pants
    Free Member

The finish is in Meerbeke, (Ninove).

Dark-Side

I’m in, just the 130km route as the 220km route diminishes the opportunity to partake in the main objective of the trip, significant consumption of Belgian beer.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Could someone possibly send me a link of where to enter just the sportive? For some reason I can only find 2016 or the tour company pages, no site to enter just the event.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Flanders Sportive 2017’ is closed to new replies.